Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Pregame Thread

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EWU Pregame Thread

EWU's game notes for their Washington State game.

Depth Chart on pages 13-14.

http://goeags.com/documents/2016/8/29//16fbRelease.pdf

EDIT: Starting true freshmen at Left Tackle and Left Guard.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    EWU's game notes for their Washington State game.

Depth Chart on pages 13-14.

http://goeags.com/documents/2016/8/29//16fbRelease.pdf

EDIT: Starting true freshmen at Left Tackle and Left Guard.
    Big Money at Menards!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If the D would have stopped them from marching down the field and scoring we wouldnt have needed last minute heroics. We couldnt finish which put us in a position that you never want to be in---you never put yourself in a position where the officials can determine the outcome of a game.
    I think people forget that EWU ran up almost 200 yards on the ground in there first 3 possessions.

Was it a questionable call? Yep. But thats part of the game. Those call dont always go your way. But we shouldnt have been in that position to begin with.

We were also the last team picked for the playoffs that year. We had an iffy record and as they say---we backed in to the playoffs.
    I agree PL, I only commented on the call because that seems to be the most consistent thing people refer to when looking back at this game. If we play the "if only this would've happened" card, then we could say the offense should've went for that 4 & 2 on the EW 35(?) yard line instead of punting, and we pick up the first, and then our D not holding them on that final drive isn't discussed. Or what if Taiwan Jones doesn't get hurt with an ankle? The kid probably runs for 300 yards in that game and we aren't even talking about a close game, but instead a blowout. Yep, we were the last team in, but we weren't playing like a team that backed in IMO. Something changed at Montana State, and the Bison have been rolling ever since.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Thanks to the depth chart linked previously:

LT: Fr
    LG: Fr
    C: Sr
    RG: So
    RT: So

Their Oline is inexperienced for the most part but great size. All in the 6'4+ and 300+ range. Excited to see this matchup. Really wish we had a healthy Deluca for this matchup. Love his ability to guard the underneath stuff since we will hopefully be forcing their QB into quick throws.
    Rixen

Also of note, their top 3 starting WRs, TE, and RB are all seniors. Will be a fun challenge for our guys!
    Rixen

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Again, last year they threw for over 500 yds and 35 pts on a UNI defense that had a good pass rush and a better secondary than ours currently is. They have the same QB and both of their stud receivers so we better just hope their o-line stinks. Regardless I'm guessing they throw for 300+ on us. Our offense will have to be able to run, keep them off the field and finish with TD's. I don't think that field goals will cut it

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Again, last year they threw for over 500 yds and 35 pts on a UNI defense that had a good pass rush and a better secondary than ours currently is. They have the same QB and both of their stud receivers so we better just hope their o-line stinks. Regardless I'm guessing they throw for 300+ on us. Our offense will have to be able to run, keep them off the field and finish with TD's. I don't think that field goals will cut it
    They do put up crazy stats. The slow methodical pace of our offense will really help our defense out for this one.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    They do put up crazy stats. The slow methodical pace of our offense will really help our defense out for this one.
    Definitely a contrast of styles. Actually the first three games are quite the buffet line of offensive systems

What I'm really hoping for is that the team goes into this game with a nastiness or a killer instinct. Obviously I do not mean that we should injure them, I just want the whole team to play on a physical level that we didn't see against CSU. I'm thinking about Brock Jensen in the Kansas State game and how you could just tell in his eyes that he was dialed in and refused to lose. Oh and cut the penalty crap at the most inopportune times! That just really destroyed momentum!

I predict that this game is going to be a lot like last year's game against Montana.

I'll tell you which one in about 10 days.