Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    CSU might have a hard time making the playoffs.....
    How hard is it to win the Big South?????

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Still have to play Fsu, Ccu, Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Harder now that CSU's starting QB is out for the year now with an injury.

Looks like Gardner-Webb destroyed a CAA team in their first game. And Liberty should be tough.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lots of suspensions for CSU this weekend. Wow. Just wow. I feel for these kids. I get it is their responsibility to know these rules, but shouldn't the staff pound this into their heads?

https://twitter.com/ariyamassoudi/st...95661247504384

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Lots of suspensions for CSU this weekend. Wow. Just wow. I feel for these kids. I get it is their responsibility to know these rules, but shouldn't the staff pound this into their heads?

https://twitter.com/ariyamassoudi/st...95661247504384
    They do. Compliance and benefits are usually the first meeting you have when you come to camp.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They do. Compliance and benefits are usually the first meeting you have when you come to camp.
    So, that said, how in the heck does this happen? One or two guys I can see, but they're talking 30+ all said and done.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think a suspension should be necessary. You make the kids pay back the money and all is good IMO. The suspensions just seem like overkill to me. This incident is a pretty minor infraction it seems. This could have been prevented, but it seems like a case of ignorance, not blatant disobedience. I feel bad for the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    So, that said, how in the heck does this happen? One or two guys I can see, but they're talking 30+ all said and done.
    Word spread and they took advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I don't think a suspension should be necessary. You make the kids pay back the money and all is good IMO. The suspensions just seem like overkill to me. This incident is a pretty minor infraction it seems. This could have been prevented, but it seems like a case of ignorance, not blatant disobedience. I feel bad for the rest of the team.
    I think they're getting ahead of the NCAA on this one. A violation is a violation and I'm sure they figure a suspension was coming. By taking action now, they prevent the NCAA from coming back on them. It really is an awful situation, but I think they are handling it correctly outside of letting players tell the whole world the situation instead of the athletic department releasing a statement.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Word spread and they took advantage?
    Exactly and that's why I do not think the kids are as innocent as some might think. One or two fine but 30 plus?? It might have started off innocent but when word got out money can be spent elsewhere, IMO, I think some took it as free-for-all and went on a spending spree...that's why I think this action was taken. But, I think if this was the case and it was worst case scenario, the penalties were to the max and that's as far as it should go.