Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The hail damage on the car really sucks.
    Me too. Damn the dome itself probably has a good 20 million in damages. 7500 cars x 2500 a car...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    Hope Jackson gets it together. Who was our backup punter last year? Can Cam punt?
    I do agree with punting distance needs to improve , but were we trying to keep it away from the good return game. Therefore you punt high for complete punt coverages
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    1. Still the champs last time I checked.

2. That fcs kickoff game is a tough one.

3. Tim Polasek
    Some apparent things to work on. Game looked like it was going the route of USD last year. CSU is a likely playoff team and returned 8 starters on an already good Fcs defense

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    What you need to remember is he will be receiving the snap 10-15 yards behind the LOS and those 10-15 yards don't count for shit. So he was "booming" them for 40 yards.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
    I apologize for using the word booming. All I'm saying is he looked way better in warmups than he did in the game. Cue the captain obvious comments that are going to say "well DURR! It was warmups!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bucs90 View Post
    Yes. But just to add....our CSU defense held The Citadel to almost nothing on the ground last year and they were the nation's #1 rushing team and went for 250 vs South Carolina. CSU had a very very good FCS defense. You guys are gonna roll in 2016 I'd bet. Very physical team. This loss hurts so so bad. But I'm proud we stood toe to toe for 4 qtrs with a team like NDSU.
    I will be surprised if you are not among the top 3 teams in FCS top 25 rankings next week.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Football season is back in full swing with a game under our belt. I've got about 20 different things on my mind to discuss about last night, but covering each and every thought in one post is almost overwhelming. I've seen plenty of comments from others that I want to address but am just going to give it a few more days to do so. I'm super happy the Bison are 1-0 to start the 2016 season and am glad we have 2 weeks before our next game as there a lot of things they can do to improve.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

CSU local news coverage. Really like their coach - have to believe it is going to be tough for them to keep him.

http://www.live5news.com/clip/126921...h-dakota-state

http://www.live5news.com/story/32856...te-in-ot-24-17

http://abcnews4.com/sports/college-f...h-dakota-state

Punting was a major concern. How many times last year was a punt sort of a game-changer? Especially at home. Really, how many teams are going to drive 85-95 yards on us - I'm not going to go look it up, but I'd be curious how many 85+ yard drives we gave up last year. And how many times did Lacompte (and the coverage team) do better than that by downing the ball on the 1,2, or 3 yard line. Not only does that almost guarantee a non-scoring drive by our opponent, it really can ramp up the crowd too, as the end zone crowd really can get on the opponents when they are pinned that deep. Or flipping the field with a 60 yard punt. We were totally spoiled the last few years, and that must get better.

2 board comments - I wish they would have shut off those advertising only scroll boards or whatever they're called above the 4 corner entrances while the team was getting ready to run in. It stayed way too light with those things lighting up the field. Second, I've never been a fan of things like "make some noise" or whatever showing up on the boards telling us when to cheer. I know when to cheer. I'm guessing most of the fans who have been going to games for years know when to cheer. I've always felt like those have been slightly insulting somehow. Just my opinion. The actual boards themselves look good.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I pretty much agree with everything, but, when has this ever been said? Who's they? Do you have a clip?
    Wow, really? They is the universal they. "The hardest thing to do in football (or sports) is repeat" is a common saying. I changed it to 6peat. It's a play on words. Got it?

How tough is Copeland? Don't see many guys take a beating like he did and keep making plays.