Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

Default Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

1) Stick is a stud. Even on that int (that seemed like confusion between he and Legendowski) he hustled to make a game saving tackle. Very happy to have him at the helm for the next few years.
    2) Defense noticeably softer without De Luca despite an awesome job by Plank. Let's hope it's minor.
    3) CSU's QB is tough as nails. He took some serious shots in that game and kept coming back to make solid throws from the pocket.
    4) The running back by committee approach needs to go away. Let one guy get a hot hand. I say King and Anderson alternating series ala the Bohl era.
    5) 52 yard field goal? That was huge and completely unexpected.
    6) Run Stick more.
    7) Penalties were our biggest obstacle again. Can't have that become a trend.
    8) Secondary seemed solid. We'll see how solid against EWU.

Great to have another season under way. This team will come together with a little time.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Default Re: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

NDSU punting game needs major improvement

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Glad I'm not going to Iowa. It's going to be ugly. And it's good pgt didn't learn how to tackle in the offseason.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison-Knuckle View Post
    NDSU punting game needs major improvement
    Agree, Ben LeCompte was solely missed.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Secondary vs. Iowa seems pretty scary to me from a matchup point of view.

Surprised by oline performance, although maybe shouldn't have been, given 3 new starters tonight. They played better as game progressed.

Polasek...why do I have this image in my mind of Klieman having to scold him into making decent play calls? Not saying its true, but he often goes off on wrong plans.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Agree, Ben LeCompte was solely missed.

We've been spoiled by top notch punters going back to Drago and maybe even further back I can't recall. I just know it's been a long time since I've been concerned before we punt.

The holds on fg and xp's seems suspect as well.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Running back by committee has to stop...but it won't. I'm glad to see Stick come out making big plays and getting the win in a pressure game much like our previous two QBs. Very encouraging

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We have a lot to work on. Glad we escaped with the win against a scrappy Chuck South team that brought its A game.

How many of you thought the long TD pass to RJ was going to be overthrown? Seems like we've seen so many of those passes be just a foot too long. That was beautiful.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison have some mistakes to clean up especially the penalties. Defense is going to dominate this season. CSU is much better than Montana was last year so not going to say anything negative unless they struggle with EWU which shouldn't be close. Good defensive teams are always a tough matchup for NDSU so not surprised by a close low scoring game. I had it 21-13 so not too far off.