Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Grimsley clearly fucked his girlfriend or something. I've been waiting for this.
    Well hell, let's all take a shot at his girlfriend and then maybe he'll leave Grimsley alone and focus on us...besides there ain't much ****y out here in eastern Mt and I'll take all I can get!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Very impressive, well spoken group. And it wasn't coach speak or politically correct, they spoke from the heart and still said all the right things. CSU will go far this year. They heal up and fix there things, they will make quite the run this year.
    They got the shit kicked out of them....may let this get beat them twice . A lot of injuries.

TIL: Alsen sits behind me in the dome. Guy behind me had the same storyline all night.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Grimsley was the defender who forced the runner to cut back against the field, he was over on the sideline in pretty good shape but got pushed out of bounds by a CSU receiver at about the time of the cutback.
    Where was our D line pursuit? That was the kind of play Emanuel and Jirik come back on and really put the hurt on the RB.

I'm most concerned with our punting game. Even in warm ups he struggles to get the ball to turn over. When he does manage to get the ball to spiral there was very little spin on it. This will be magnified in an outdoor game. Hopefully, this is something he can improve on. If not the best thing to do might be to kick the low liner and let it bounce down the field without a return.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder_Struck View Post
    I'm most concerned with our punting game. Even in warm ups he struggles to get the ball to turn over. When he does manage to get the ball to spiral there was very little spin on it. This will be magnified in an outdoor game. Hopefully, this is something he can improve on. If not the best thing to do might be to kick the low liner and let it bounce down the field without a return.
    I'm equally as concerned at this point with the rest of you, however before I say much more, I'll wait and see how he looks in game 2 against another opponent in the FFD. I really want this kid to be successful and I'm sure he's going to work as hard as he can to do just that.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

I mentioned the Mayor of Frisco in a tweet. His response:

In reply to 103.7
    Maher Maso Maher Maso
    @MaherMaso
    @imaforester @MoreHits1037 @CityOfFriscoTx @kannonradio @sybil1037 close game. The Bison (that's bizon to all us Texans) worried me
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

We're wasting a lot of mental energy on the quality of the punter when maybe it would be better spent on the quality of the decision to put him on the field.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    We're wasting a lot of mental energy on the quality of the punter when maybe it would be better spent on the quality of the decision to put him on the field.
    I agree with this. Since when did getting a player that didn't appear to be able to cut it at SMU be a good thing. Shoot we have a better football program than SMU except for maybe in the 80's.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I know this and you know this, but since we're not likely to see a change in that decision making process anytime soon we can at least expect a better result when choosing to reduce our long term scoring expectations by giving the ball away.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.