Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Shore some things up and we'll be fine
    sort of like first game last year when sky was falling.. umm, team improved each week...I think coaches will improve this team like they have last 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    There was nothing physical about our offense today/tonight AT ALL. They were expecting that and when it didn't come, they knew they were in the game.

And when we get rolling on O, get the fuck going and keep the pressure on them. Didn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Offense did not click but think we'll be fine

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'll take the win.

"My oh My"

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) Stick is a stud. Even on that int (that seemed like confusion between he and Legendowski) he hustled to make a game saving tackle. Very happy to have him at the helm for the next few years.
    2) Defense noticeably softer without De Luca despite an awesome job by Plank. Let's hope it's minor.
    3) CSU's QB is tough as nails. He took some serious shots in that game and kept coming back to make solid throws from the pocket.
    4) The running back by committee approach needs to go away. Let one guy get a hot hand. I say King and Anderson alternating series ala the Bohl era.
    5) 52 yard field goal? That was huge and completely unexpected.
    6) Run Stick more.
    7) Penalties were our biggest obstacle again. Can't have that become a trend.
    8) Secondary seemed solid. We'll see how solid against EWU.

Great to have another season under way. This team will come together with a little time.
    I disagree , Dunn got us some nice 1st downs during the 4th qrt. He had a hard time running through the middle because CSU covered the gap up the middle pretty good. King, Bruce, Lance, Chase I dont see any problem. The issue is Tim Polasek play calling. For example Chase was so effective he rarely stepped on the field. Otherwise I dont see any issue with running 4 RBs
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Offense did not click but think we'll be fine
    Yes. But just to add....our CSU defense held The Citadel to almost nothing on the ground last year and they were the nation's #1 rushing team and went for 250 vs South Carolina. CSU had a very very good FCS defense. You guys are gonna roll in 2016 I'd bet. Very physical team. This loss hurts so so bad. But I'm proud we stood toe to toe for 4 qtrs with a team like NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    Don't got much to add, but it shows how spoiled we are that people are upset after a win. We got work to do, but the sky isn't falling.
    You nailed it. We are so use to seeing a solid, error free football team play, that we have to remember each year a team has to mesh, find their mojo, and build on it. Penalties were horrible, much to work on, refs took away many drives, but we did make penalties so we did screw up, Easton made a TD saving tackle or this game is over even when he threw the pick. So Defense never played against a run option team last year so they survived, but our Online and Tight ends were not involved in down the field pass plays which really bothers me.....

CSU took us out of our plan and Polaski our OC was doing those damn lateral side to side sweeps which don't go anywhere, and they haven't done that correct since Smith graduated.
    Our punting distance sucks! maybe 35 yards at best all night. I can't remember the last time an opposing team got the ball inside our 50 yard line. Le Comp was a STUD, miss him.

So we escaped with a win, but lots of work to do before Eastern Washington. Then if we can get that game won, we all get nervous for Iowa. Lets hope we are playing like CSU was in our place on Sept.17th!

We got the win, but oh my.....nerves are shot,
    NoDakBisman

Quote Originally Posted by bucs90 View Post
    Yes. But just to add....our CSU defense held The Citadel to almost nothing on the ground last year and they were the nation's #1 rushing team and went for 250 vs South Carolina. CSU had a very very good FCS defense. You guys are gonna roll in 2016 I'd bet. Very physical team. This loss hurts so so bad. But I'm proud we stood toe to toe for 4 qtrs with a team like NDSU.
    Your team is going to be a tough out come playoff time with your option and confusing defense. Will be tough to prep for on a weeks notice. Good luck the rest of the year!

complete respect for CSU, played a hell of a game and their crew looked very respectful. Any CSu fans lurking be proud it wasa W for NDSU but damn you boys played us tougher than anyone else from that part of the country.

Enjoyed it, and remember its just an Out of conference game, really like them, great game
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    "The “Let’s go Bison!” chants echoed almost to Grand Forks."

Oh, I'm pretty sure a hawk or two probably herd them.