Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: Chuck South Post Game Thoughts

Has anyone mentioned why we went for it on the 4th down interception and didn't try a 51 yard field goal instead? Cam made a 52 earlier so with 20 seconds left in the game why not take another long fg. Even if he misses we probably go into ot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Has anyone mentioned why we went for it on the 4th down interception and didn't try a 51 yard field goal instead? Cam made a 52 earlier so with 20 seconds left in the game why not take another long fg. Even if he misses we probably go into ot.
    CK said in the post game press conference he didn't feel like he had it and he liked TP's play call. Apparently Stick was supposed to go to the other side with it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    They were upset in the Dome as well!! Not everyone of course...but the loudmouths were, and personally I hate that! My 2 cents on the game....CSU game-planned this game for months, that was obvious. We, as a play-calling staff have tendencies, and when things go the wrong way, our plays get more and more obvious, for example, that inside screen. Its a great play with a ton of past success, but, like the jet sweep, we run it too often. If CSU watched film...they found our go-to-plays, and the inside screen is one of them. We ran it on the first possession, and I have no idea if CSU read it, or guessed, but they blitzed heavily, as our o-line was "chipping" their men, then King F. ran into the middle looking for the pass. Trouble was 4 guys were all over Easton, and their very first defensive stand against the Bison, was a total success...in the Dome, where they came out not intimidated one bit by playing the National Champs at home, when our crowd noise never intimidated them, because we were on offense, and they gained a lot of confidence right away. To me, CSU kinda reminded me of NDSU about 6 years ago or so....hungry, confident and no away crowd could intimidate us....looking to just outplay the other teams with football skills based on hard-work....no tricky shit, no gimmicks..just football!
    Add to that they played right with us throughout the 4'th quarter...this time we had to beat the other team in the FIFTH Quarter!!

Either way we won...learned a bunch of stuff, and can expect the same from EWU...they will pay us tough! Trouble is, for them, we will be even tougher!!
    I dont have any issues with the game. Yeah it was bit sloppy etc...first game of the season. Thus, I agree with everything you said. Despite getting CSU's best shot and us trying to give the game away (penalties) we got the W. No panic or giving up from our guys! CSU may have lifted themselves up with a moral victory, but a lot of their stars came out of that game injured. It will be interesting to see if they lost the battle and also lost the war ( the bizon next game curse). I hope not, would love to see them in the PO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    CK said in the post game press conference he didn't feel like he had it and he liked TP's play call. Apparently Stick was supposed to go to the other side with it.
    the other side was open

CSU post game video

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I thought the dome was incredibly dull last night. At least 40-50% of my section was sitting down the entire game. And it's fine if you don't want to stand up, but make some noise my god.
    I honestly think the night game took a lot of steam out of people...Typically, tailgating starts midmorning instead of the afternoon...1:30 pm is primetime to start the booze.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Brilliant stuff.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Chuck South is officially my second favorite FCS team. Classy program, classy coach and hungry players. Someone mentioned that they reminded them of NDSU 6 years ago and I would agree.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm getting impatient waiting for this game to be posted to youtube. Hopefully "The Game" will post it shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    I'm getting impatient waiting for this game to be posted to youtube. Hopefully "The Game" will post it shortly.
    It's up on 1660 well the radio version anyway.