Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2016-17 College Hoops Thread

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016-17 College Hoops Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Holy smokes!!
    This is huge. I never would've guessed they had the guts, but maybe they had no choice at this point. Fallout will be interesting for sure.
    This is the Feds, not the NCAA. They have their shit together from the get go. And it's hitting the fan. This has the potential to destroy or save college athletics, depending on how the NCAA handles it.

Keith Brake on Bison 1660 had a good take on this. He seems to think the NCAA is soft and advocates the death penalty because that will actually get the attention since scholarship cuts, negating wins, playoff ineligibility have no effect whatsover.

https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...26th-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I feel for the kids who weren't involved but will ultimately be punished for this, but Pitino is a dirtbag and none of this should come as a surprise to anyone. The office is amazing today though, as 1/3 are depressed U of L alum, 1/3 gloating UK alum, and the other 1/3rd are mostly WKU folks who pretend they went to UK or, as many of them call it, "U uh K."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Keith Brake on Bison 1660 had a good take on this. He seems to think the NCAA is soft and advocates the death penalty because that will actually get the attention since scholarship cuts, negating wins, playoff ineligibility have no effect whatsover.

https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...26th-full-show
    Yeah, NCAA is soft on, say, a tv darling, coughcoughTarHeelscoughcough - whatever happened to that North Carolina investigation? I couldn't believe they were allowed in the NCAA's last spring.....

Maybe Louisville will beat UNC to be the 1st school to have to give back a championship......

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    I feel for the kids who weren't involved but will ultimately be punished for this, but Pitino is a dirtbag and none of this should come as a surprise to anyone. The office is amazing today though, as 1/3 are depressed U of L alum, 1/3 gloating UK alum, and the other 1/3rd are mostly WKU folks who pretend they went to UK or, as many of them call it, "U uh K."
    When I lived in Louisville back in late 2001 for pro wrestling school, there was a Wildcat fan (I couldn't tell if he was real or a parody character made up by the station) who would call in just about every day on the local sports show to rip on Pitino as a traitor and also referred to UL as Lousyville. That dude, real or not, must be have a ball today.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Yeah, NCAA is soft on, say, a tv darling, coughcoughTarHeelscoughcough - whatever happened to that North Carolina investigation? I couldn't believe they were allowed in the NCAA's last spring.....

Maybe Louisville will beat UNC to be the 1st school to have to give back a championship......
    It's a joke. As tough as it is, they need to go all out and give these programs the death penalty. Then next time someone fucks around they will think twice but think ten times about and realize they don't want to contribute to the demise of an entire program. The guy who who gave a program the death penalty. Try living with that weight on your back. You wouldn't even show your face in the state for your own safety. I mean.. The frigging FBI is involved. Nice job

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com