Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bloomberg: This College Football Team Doesn’t Want to Join the Big Leagues

Default Re: Bloomberg: This College Football Team Doesn’t Want to Join the Big Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The $250,000 donation to get season tickets is true. I don't know how long of a list that was though. I also heard all of those people are now season ticket holders.
    That's more of a one-time donation to get their priority points up, right?

Default Re: Bloomberg: This College Football Team Doesn’t Want to Join the Big Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    That's more of a one-time donation to get their priority points up, right?
    Yes. Depending on where that $250,000 was directed, you could get up to 5,000 priority points. If is was towards the SHAC, it would be worth 2,500 points.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    It's the first time I've seen an NDSU official acknowledge that conversations with conference commissioners have happened as well.
    Gene Taylor was quoted numerous times that he had talked to the MWC and if they were going to expand he wanted NDSU in that conversation.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Of course they put the guy saying we would beat Michigan in there. haha. Maybe two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Gene Taylor was quoted numerous times that he had talked to the MWC and if they were going to expand he wanted NDSU in that conversation.
    Interesting. I don't remember seeing those quotes before, only speculation from fans.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaccountant44 View Post
    interesting. I don't remember seeing those quotes before, only speculation from fans.
    he is sooooooooooooooooooo full of bullcrap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Pat Simmers told me directly: If you want season tickets for football today, cut me a check for $250,000 and we'll get you in the Dome.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I heard of one guy that said he would have given up to $250000 to get prime season tickets but didn't have to. I can also state my neighbors company got 6 season tickets this year and they didn't even give a fraction of that or are NDSU grads. They joined the lowest level of Teammakers and knew the right person to make contact with Pat. From my understanding this isn't a first time occurance either which is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    North Dakota State University is the best team in the second-best division in college football. Why mess with a good thing?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...he-big-leagues
    This can't be sitting well for the anti-Bresciani group. Should we be expecting a spin on this soon from the Dilly Bar-loving fella?

“They’re very good stewards of their money,” Mayor Tim Mahoney says.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    This can't be sitting well for the anti-Bresciani group. Should we be expecting a spin on this soon from the Dilly Bar-loving fella?
    the mayor knew exactly what he was saying and to whom...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans