Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloomberg: This College Football Team Doesn’t Want to Join the Big Leagues

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Bloomberg: This College Football Team Doesn’t Want to Join the Big Leagues

North Dakota State University is the best team in the second-best division in college football. Why mess with a good thing?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...he-big-leagues

Default Re: Bloomberg: This College Football Team Doesn’t Want to Join the Big Leagues

One thing Fargo’s residents don’t have to get defensive about? Their football team, the North Dakota State University Bison. Riding a deep tradition, smart local recruiting, and oil money from the western part of the state, the Bison have won five straight national titles—and they’re a preseason favorite to win a sixth.

NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Default Re: Bloomberg: This College Football Team Doesn’t Want to Join the Big Leagues

I enjoyed it; you have to consider the audience is not us. Really should have spent a little more time on the problem of conference alignment than it did, but was impressed they talked about the stadium problem. First time I've heard an NDSU official actually quoted saying the FFD would not work for FBS even though obvious.

I've said many times, I just don't see the logic unless Mountain West came calling, and even then there are numerous hurdles like the stadium. I just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I enjoyed it; you have to consider the audience is not us. Really should have spent a little more time on the problem of conference alignment than it did, but was impressed they talked about the stadium problem. First time I've heard an NDSU official actually quoted saying the FFD would not work for FBS even though obvious.

I've said many times, I just don't see the logic unless Mountain West came calling, and even then there are numerous hurdles like the stadium. I just don't see it happening.
    It's the first time I've seen an NDSU official acknowledge that conversations with conference commissioners have happened as well.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Dumb Article. Conversations with Conferences commissioners is Matt at the Convention running into Mountain West Commish Craig Thompson at the carrot & celery plate and saying "hi Im with Ndsu, how are you, can you pass me the dill dip?"

NDSU and MATT need to be SUBMITTING A FORMAL PLAN and ATTACK and SOLICIT these commissioners... this is fargo small town dumb at its finest.

plus.

What the hell do you think a SENIOR player is gonna say, he's already here, of course he isn't gonna advocate FBS

Also, Why the "scare tactic" of interrupting the Fargo traditions and what ndsu has built. moving up will MAKE THAT STUFF EVEN BIGGER!!

just embarassing.... If you're a SEC, Big 12, Big 10 fan, dont you just laugh at that article?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    North Dakota State University is the best team in the second-best division in college football. Why mess with a good thing?

How factual is this quote??? Is it an urban legend, like the oil money quote?

The executive director of the booster program, Pat Simmers, continues to receive $250,000 donations from fans who don’t want to wait for season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Well if they are coming in that fast we should see a huge increase in the amout this year wouldnt you think?? me thinks its a typo..
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    It's Bloomberg. The one thing they know for sure about North Dakota is the oil story. It's easy to see the reporter asking something like "What about the oil boom? Has that helped fundraising?" And the answer coming back along the lines of "It certainly hasn't hurt." And that's all they'd need to confirm the assumption.

I'm not sure where a national writer would have gotten on the scent of the donor/season-ticket thing.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

The $250,000 donation to get season tickets is true. I don't know how long of a list that was though. I also heard all of those people are now season ticket holders.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

Damn good article.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."