Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 WR Thoughts

Default 2016 WR Thoughts

So, we lost a legend, and have two budding legends coming back, but no true big bodied outside guy particularly since it sounds like no redshirts will be pulled.

So, who plays X, Z, and the third position when on the field?
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 08-23-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Default Re: 2016 WR Thoughts

RJ, Shep & Engel when those 3 are on the field, its a match up NIGHTMARE!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

So, who plays X, Z, and the third position when on the field?
    Y is the tight end...

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So, we lost a legend, and have two budding legends coming back, but no true big bodied outside guy particularly since it sounds like no redshirts will be pulled.

So, who plays X, Y, and the third position when on the field?
    I still think Engle is on the fence for a possible shirt pull, but we'll all know for sure in a week. Coach is probably hoping he won't have to use him, but there are still some question marks with guys like Williams and Hawkins and how they'll produce. Freeman had a huge spring game so I'm excited to see how he performs. Gotta feel like with Vraa gone and RJ being nicked up in camp, that there was some wide open competition going on and I'm sure some guys stood out.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanMan10 View Post
    Y is the tight end...
    Fixed; thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    I still think Engle is on the fence for a possible shirt pull, but we'll all know for sure in a week. Coach is probably hoping he won't have to use him, but there are still some question marks with guys like Williams and Hawkins and how they'll produce. Freeman had a huge spring game so I'm excited to see how he performs. Gotta feel like with Vraa gone and RJ being nicked up in camp, that there was some wide open competition going on and I'm sure some guys stood out.
    So, who plays where? What is interesting about this to me is not only "who" plays, but "where." You seem to be following closer than me, so thoughts?

Sounds like SE was nicked up as well, I thought I heard missed 5 practices.

So, who plays where? What is interesting about this to me is not only "who" plays, but "where." You seem to be following closer than me, so thoughts?
    I'm only following what I've heard from the staff and read on here. Every year it seems as if the staff knows what they have in certain returning guys. Then you have the group of kids that are supposed to step up and improve from year 1 into 2, or 2 into 3. Then you have a walk on like Freeman that to me just came out of no where and surprises (Moody type of guy). As far as specific spots, the X's and the Z's tend to go over my head a bit as far as terminology. I can tell you where a slot guy lines up, but after that I kind of just nod my head when smarter people are talking football. So maybe someone else with a little more offensive football knowledge can answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Sounds like SE was nicked up as well, I thought I heard missed 5 practices.
    Yep, I heard that too. Was it a quad injury maybe? I can't remember specifically. One of the more recent practice update videos showed him out there running around and making a pretty sweet one handed grab over our best CB. Maybe this is why Coach responded to the redshirt pulling question with "We'll know more in a week" because Sean missed time with an injury. Just spitballin' there.

I'm only following what I've heard from the staff and read on here. Every year it seems as if the staff knows what they have in certain returning guys. Then you have the group of kids that are supposed to step up and improve from year 1 into 2, or 2 into 3. Then you have a walk on like Freeman that to me just came out of no where and surprises (Moody type of guy). As far as specific spots, the X's and the Z's tend to go over my head a bit as far as terminology. I can tell you where a slot guy lines up, but after that I kind of just nod my head when smarter people are talking football. So maybe someone else with a little more offensive football knowledge can answer your question.
    Part of the reason I am asking is they all seem like slot guys to me, other than SE who will likely shirt.......