Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTH!!!! Kuhnert suspended two games by NCAA

Default WTH!!!! Kuhnert suspended two games by NCAA

Grades issues according to Izzo and JK. Not good. Will miss games 1 and 2.

Default Re: WTH!!!! Kuhnert suspended two games by NCAA

By the NCAA or the university?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

NCAA. Based on Coach K's comments, he was in danger of being out for the entire year last January. He came back at it and did everything he could to get his academics up to par. Not sure if he just missed, or if he's saved his season, but the NCAA doesn't completely wipe things clean.

I was thinking Triplett was working his way up as backup center. But the two deep has T Volson starting and Ziemer backing him up. Impressive to be this deep, but I'm wondering what changed?

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Someone on the staff should be responsible for monitor this stuff. Who screwed up beside Kuhnert putting his NFL career in jeopardy? Must have Lochet's agent for an advisor.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

I'm not one to normally criticize individual players, but if this is a grades issue, it's absolutely on Kuhnert. The staff shouldn't babysit every player. They're student athletes. Hopefully it's a learning experience for the entire team.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

okay, I'm wrong. No one monitors students athletes academic performance except their college deans. The Dean is to blame. What college is Kuhnert affiliated with.... engineering, architecture, religion, animal husbandry, general studies, health and ...?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

The staff monitors absolutely, but he's the one taking classes. He's the one doing the work. Other players aren't having the problems. It's not like the staff said, "we're going to monitor every player except Austin Kuhnert". Quit trying to shuffle blame.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    By the NCAA or the university?

Does the NCAA ever suspend a player? Don't they suspend schools that fail to suspend players? I thought schools suspended players.

Now, of course, the NCAA hoses students who get caught up in the clearinghouse system or the medical redshirt system. Just get the Hok fans talking about that one and you will get an earful.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    okay, I'm wrong. No one monitors students athletes academic performance except their college deans. The Dean is to blame. What college is Kuhnert affiliated with.... engineering, architecture, religion, animal husbandry, general studies, health and ...?
    The staff can't take his tests for him.