Thread: Louisiana Flood Donation

Default Louisiana Flood Donation

I am sure many of you have heard about the floods in Louisiana from the record rainfall, few places saw 32 inches of rain in a couple days. I know some people that got no water in their house and some got a few feet of water. Most of the people didnt live in a flood zone so didn't have any flood insurance. I've seen and heard many sad stories down there. I know some of their schools will take 3+months to get back going before they can even start having classes again.
    Friend told me someone they know a guy had to go in a week before the flood hit for a heart transplant and his wife had been staying in the hospital with him, well after the flood they found out they lost everything in the flood. Now a couple days ago her husband took a turn for the worse and passed away now she lost him and the house. Made me speechless when I heard that.

I found some local charities down there to send money direct to help the flood victims. I am in the process of getting a temporary bank account set up through my dads business/bank and created a PayPal link so others can help donate funds.

http://paypal.me/LouisianaFlood2016

Here is a link of a video of pictures: https://flipagram.com/f/uC2tqWIyyR
    "We All From Africa"

Default Re: Louisiana Flood Donation

I've talked with Tatanka and we will have a donation jar at the Horny Bison this weekend, if any other people want to do the same let me know and I will collect it all and add it to the funds.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    "We All From Africa"

All of the stuff that has to be thrown away is devastating.
    "We All From Africa"

Folks, Sav isn't one to toot his own horn, but I think you should know how much effort he's put into trying to raise money for the folks affected by this disaster. Over the past week, he's emailed, tweeted, and called pretty much everyone he can think of at NDSU and in the community, and he's taken the time to find a solid recipient for these donations--one that will ensure all the money goes where it's supposed to go. He's been tireless and relentless on this, and I can think of no better way to thank him than to generously support this cause. It goes well beyond "hey I saw this on the news"... it's personal.

I encourage each and every one of us to reflect on this horrific event, put ourselves in the shoes of the people most affected (shouldn't be hard for many of us) and support this cause.

That is all.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Folks, Sav isn't one to toot his own horn, but I think you should know how much effort he's put into trying to raise money for the folks affected by this disaster. Over the past week, he's emailed, tweeted, and called pretty much everyone he can think of at NDSU and in the community, and he's taken the time to find a solid recipient for these donations--one that will ensure all the money goes where it's supposed to go. He's been tireless and relentless on this, and I can think of no better way to thank him than to generously support this cause. It goes well beyond "hey I saw this on the news"... it's personal.

I encourage each and every one of us to reflect on this horrific event, put ourselves in the shoes of the people most affected (shouldn't be hard for many of us) and support this cause.

That is all.
    Appreciate it, you've been very helpful as well.

Thanks to everyone that did help donate from the Horny Bison Tailgate last weekend.

They're thinking it will take 2 years to recover from the devastation. Many of the people down there have to pay to rebuild/remodel out of their own pocket.
    "We All From Africa"