Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beware Fargo! Black flags on the horizon!! (some CSU fun)

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Beware Fargo! Black flags on the horizon!! (some CSU fun)

Quote Originally Posted by bucs90 View Post
    Back at ya! If we can't have some fun with football what's the point!?!?! You guys post on here during the game as well? Our USC Gamecock fans here do on CockyTalk and it's kinda fun. May drop in during game if so.
    Yes. There is always a Game Day Thread, started by the same poster for every game. If you think Bisonville is active now, wait until the season gets underway. It can be quite the circus. Feel free to stick around as we always enjoy good football conversation from fans of teams we've played/will be playing.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Yes. There is always a Game Day Thread, started by the same poster for every game. If you think Bisonville is active now, wait until the season gets underway. It can be quite the circus. Feel free to stick around as we always enjoy good football conversation from fans of teams we've played/will be playing.
    Thanks I probably will! We are new to this whole FCS being top 25 stuff. We usually stick to paying attention to just Big South or in state stuff. But especially as playoff possibilities are coming around I'll check in

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Pretty sure the Missouri River and the Red River share some linkages. If you challenge some old Norwegian guy in Minnesota to do it in some era specific boat that he built from scratch, we can find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    You'd probably have to go out to the Atlantic, around Florida, up the gulf to new Orleans, take the Mississippi River all the way into northern Minnesota and find some streams, lakes, passageways, rivers to get to Fargo. Hope this city is cannonball proof
    Seriously, guys? Two different watersheds.

Closest you could go that route would be Mississippi up to MSP, then the Minnesota River through Big Stone Lake and the Little Minnesota. Then a mile overland to Lake Traverse. From Lake Traverse you can get to the Bois de Sioux which becomes the Red.

If you don't feel like hauling your ship out of the water, you can do what road suggested and come in through Hudson Bay. Nelson River to Lake Winnipeg to the Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post

Closest you could go that route would be Mississippi up to MSP, then the Minnesota River through Big Stone Lake and the Little Minnesota. Then a mile overland to Lake Traverse. From Lake Traverse you can get to the Bois de Sioux which becomes the Red.

If you don't feel like hauling your ship out of the water, you can do what road suggested and come in through Hudson Bay. Nelson River to Lake Winnipeg to the Red.
    They also should make sure to dump their waste/sewage when going through Grand Forks.
    Hail the BISON!!!

It's almost like a continental divide being 100 miles West of Fargo isn't obvious.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by bucs90 View Post
    Beware Fargo there are black flags on the horizon!!
    Not to fear Fargo. Turns out this was the flag seen on the horizon:

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Not to fear Fargo. Turns out this was the flag seen on the horizon:

Ha ! Love it !

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Ha ! Love it !
    I have that flag. I will bring it to the game!
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When my relatives in England wanted to come for a visit, we advised them to fly to MPLS, and stagecoach from there. (No longer have to watch out for the Sioux... the NCAA disbanded that threat.)
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Nothing wrong with your post. Just wanted to thread drift a bit more. Isn't ND a rarity in that it has a major basin watershed (devils lake) major south flowing watershed in Missouri river and 2 north flowing watersheds in Souris and Red river?? As already posted not so recognizable continental divide. Wonder how many tourists see that sign west of VC and go HUH??!