Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beware Fargo! Black flags on the horizon!! (some CSU fun)

Default Re: Beware Fargo! Black flags on the horizon!! (some CSU fun)

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Pretty sure the Missouri River and the Red River share some linkages. If you challenge some old Norwegian guy in Minnesota to do it in some era specific boat that he built from scratch, we can find out.
    The portion of North Dakota on the northern side of the Laurentian continental divide used to be part of Canada. That's why they had to plan canals to get water from Lake Sakakawea to Fargo in the Garrison diversion proposal.

It's OK to not be OK.

Didn't realize Black Flag was on a reunion tour.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The portion of North Dakota on the northern side of the Laurentian continental divide used to be part of Canada. That's why they had to plan canals to get water from Lake Sakakawea to Fargo in the Garrison diversion proposal.

Sooo...when other fanbases call us Canadians...?

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Obviously there are some here who never competed in "Know Your State."

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Obviously there are some here who never competed in "Know Your State."
    I will say I only recently learned that the divide was the original LA purchase Northern boarder. I had always assumed it was the 49th parallel.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    I will say I only recently learned that the divide was the original LA purchase Northern boarder.
    On some level, it would have been nice if it had stayed that way. (Thinking of the continuing problems between the US and Canada over water issues.) But that border would have been a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Yes. There is always a Game Day Thread, started by the same poster for every game. If you think Bisonville is active now, wait until the season gets underway. It can be quite the circus. Feel free to stick around as we always enjoy good football conversation from fans of teams we've played/will be playing.
    During the game day thread, you will learn that Bisonville has far superior minds than any of our national championship coaches. Thoughts that show extreme knowledge of the finer points of the game, like "Run the Damn Ball!!".

You may also discover that purple font helps the literal readers of the world know "THIS IS NOT A SERIOUS STATEMENT".

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    During the game day thread, you will learn that Bisonville has far superior minds than any of our national championship coaches. Thoughts that show extreme knowledge of the finer points of the game, like "Run the Damn Ball!!".

You may also discover that purple font helps the literal readers of the world know "THIS IS NOT A SERIOUS STATEMENT".
    Haha thanks for the heads up! CSU doesn't have a game day forum. BUT...we follow our USC Gamecocks on CockyTalk and the last 10 years it's amazing how many people here in SC knew more about offensive play calling than Steve Spurrier. They wrote in ALL CAPS so he could get the advice quicker and clearer.

It's so flat here that when those black flags are on the horizon, they will be about 26 miles away in Barnesville so we'll have plenty of warning.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post

Isn't the Laurentian Divide the divide between water that flows to the St. Lawrence Seaway and elsewhere? I believe that is distinct from the continental divide that separates water flowing from the gulf of Mexico to the Hudson Bay, no?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk