Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Some background on the Iowa program (for those who aren't so familiar)

Default Re: Some background on the Iowa program (for those who aren't so familiar)

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    Kansas St. (defending Big 12 champion) was in the top 25.
    Kansas State was the first team ORV. They were #26. The statement stands.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Default Re: Some background on the Iowa program (for those who aren't so familiar)

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I dunno, I think the OP has pretty genuine intentions. Even taking off the homer goggles, I don't think the score will be so lopsided, but I think the general principle of the post probably still applies. We shall see....
    Exactly. This post is in no way a indictment of Bison football, but rather evidence of just how optimistic I am about Iowa's upcoming season. This is a special group of players with unfinished business. My score prediction would be closer if it were the first game of the season, but with it being the third, I just don't see NDSU hanging with the Hawks. I'll be worried if you guys drop one of your first two, because it could suggest you're putting all your eggs in the FBS basket.

I harbor no ill intent in my posting here, just giving my opinion. I could be wrong. That's the fun of it all.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought they weren't.
    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...order-released
    http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...es-poll-top-25

They weren't.

I dont believe they were. Not in the major polls.

Quote Originally Posted by BrewHawk View Post
    Exactly. This post is in no way a indictment of Bison football, but rather evidence of just how optimistic I am about Iowa's upcoming season. This is a special group of players with unfinished business. My score prediction would be closer if it were the first game of the season, but with it being the third, I just don't see NDSU hanging with the Hawks. I'll be worried if you guys drop one of your first two, because it could suggest you're putting all your eggs in the FBS basket.

I harbor no ill intent in my posting here, just giving my opinion. I could be wrong. That's the fun of it all.
    What are your thoughts coming off an emotional rivalry game vs ISU?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I quit reading right after this: "As I understand it, this will likely be the most high-profile game that NDSU has ever played". I don't even care what the rest says. Iowa isn't even the reigning Big 10 champ.
    Then correct him. What is the highest profile game you've ever played? I take it from this thread that you've never played a top 25 team before? While I am enticed to mock that little bit of info mercilessly, I'd rather remain quiet while you try to spin out of it.
    It would behoove you Andrew! To cease putting my Bison down! We are loyal fans and super smart intelligence.

-George Burnsides III

FBS opponents have averaged around 16 points per game against the Bison.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by BrewHawk View Post

This = It will be NDSU's super bowl.

Here are some more for you.

Iowa not taking NDSU seriously

Iowa key injury(s)

Weather made game a toss up

Refs

Iowa just ran out of time

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    FBS opponents have averaged around 16 points per game against the Bison.
    Im not a "coulda/woulda/shoulda" person by any means, but with the 8-3 record vs FBS, we lost one game 10-9 on last second missed fg, and another game 16-13 on an opponent's made fg in closing seconds- so close to being 10-1 instead of 8-3. Had our chances to do it.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice