Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Some background on the Iowa program (for those who aren't so familiar)

Default Re: Some background on the Iowa program (for those who aren't so familiar)

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Right now, I give NDSU a 45% chance to win.
    What odds to you give them now. LOL!
    It would behoove you Andrew! To cease putting my Bison down! We are loyal fans and super smart intelligence.

-George Burnsides III

Default Re: Some background on the Iowa program (for those who aren't so familiar)

Quote Originally Posted by Nilknarf View Post
    What odds to you give them now. LOL!
    Same as before, 45%.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrewHawk View Post
    Gotta say that I do get a kick out of the fact you keep quoting a multiple paragraph post to reply with one line. Guess it does make the thread look longer
    Alright Mr. BrewHawk, I along with many Bison Fans are now looking at that Iowa game with more concern after our OT win against Charleston Southern last night. Good viewing for college football fans, but overall very sloppy play by bison Oline and our OC. Penalties killed at least 2 scoring potential drives, and man do we need a real punter... avg.32 yards, yikes.

So that being said we have work to do as a team for sure over the next 2 weeks to get our crap together against Eastern Washington before we come down to Iowa City.

Not taking anything away from CSU last night they came in with their guns a blazing and our guys didn't know what to do! However when your the big dog on the block you are always going to get everyones best shot, and that's what they almost did.

We will be watching your game against Miami of Ohio to see if you guys roll them by 40 or not, or show early season jitters too?

Lets say we are going to have to play great football and you guys a B game to beat you in 3 weeks. Man do we have work to do! I like our Dfense, corners look iffy which makes me think CJ Beathard could light us up if we don't get pressure on him.

Anyways thanks for your original post, sorry for some of the Herd fellas who can't speak or act decent but you can't baby sit everyones kids right?

I wonder if your Hawkeyes were gathered watching the Bison on ESPN last night?

I hope you guys stub a toe against Ohio next week maybe,?

Later,
    Still Bison but a bit concerned,
    NoDakBisman

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Same as before, 45%.
    Plus 44% that CSU would beat them.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    Alright Mr. BrewHawk, I along with many Bison Fans are now looking at that Iowa game with more concern after our OT win against Charleston Southern last night. Good viewing for college football fans, but overall very sloppy play by bison Oline and our OC. Penalties killed at least 2 scoring potential drives, and man do we need a real punter... avg.32 yards, yikes.

So that being said we have work to do as a team for sure over the next 2 weeks to get our crap together against Eastern Washington before we come down to Iowa City.

Not taking anything away from CSU last night they came in with their guns a blazing and our guys didn't know what to do! However when your the big dog on the block you are always going to get everyones best shot, and that's what they almost did.

We will be watching your game against Miami of Ohio to see if you guys roll them by 40 or not, or show early season jitters too?

Lets say we are going to have to play great football and you guys a B game to beat you in 3 weeks. Man do we have work to do! I like our Dfense, corners look iffy which makes me think CJ Beathard could light us up if we don't get pressure on him.

Anyways thanks for your original post, sorry for some of the Herd fellas who can't speak or act decent but you can't baby sit everyones kids right?

I wonder if your Hawkeyes were gathered watching the Bison on ESPN last night?

I hope you guys stub a toe against Ohio next week maybe,?

Later,
    Still Bison but a bit concerned,
    NoDakBisman
    Yeah, certainly wasn't a very clean game, that's for sure. Hope DeLuca is okay, as he is a great talent and would be a shame for him to have his career potential damaged in any manner.

I think I'll leave my prediction where it is for now. Iowa is on a mission. As I mentioned, I've seen Iowa State struggle early, only to look like world beaters when playing the Hawks because of their prep focus. I really don't think the Bison are totally fixated on Iowa as that just isn't the champion-type way of doing things, just have some/several (to be honest) wrinkles to work out.

Big concerns for your OL and passing game in particular. Obviously the penalties are also an area for concern, but penalties do happen when you're playing a good opponent who forces your hand a little and gets you out of your comfort zone. CSU was definitely unorthodox in both their O and D philosophies. Stick is going to have to have a big game rushing for you guys to have a chance on the 17th, because the way he's throwing the ball right now, I would expect 4-5 picks by the Iowa DBs if he doesn't calm down a bit. What an athlete he is though!

Best of luck vs. EWU and get to Iowa City without any further injuries. I'll be back in touch on game week or if you have any questions along the way.

Going to link a Tweet that was recently sent out by the Hawkeye football program taking a look at fall camp. Love these inside looks into things. Hope you enjoy it...

https://twitter.com/HawkeyeFootball/...48351278694400

Stick is going to have to have a big game rushing for you guys to have a chance on the 17th, because the way he's throwing the ball right now, I would expect 4-5 picks by the Iowa DBs if he doesn't calm down a bit.
    4-5 picks ?!

NDSU certainly has a number of things to improve upon.............

but, 4-5 picks ?

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    4-5 picks ?!

NDSU certainly has a number of things to improve upon.............

but, 4-5 picks ?
    Yeah, he got away with a lot he shouldn't have thrown.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah, he got away with a lot he shouldn't have thrown.
    That has happened in a couple of games. His timing and ability to see the field aren't yet what they need to be to really run a solid west coast passing game. He throws a nice over the top pass so I wouldn't mind seeing him challenge Iowa corners with some deep fades etc. to Shepherd. That kid is good and I think it's worth giving him a chance to make some plays

Stick could very well be the team's leading rusher against Iowa.
    I would imagine that we'll see more shotgun to give him time to move if the protection breaks down quickly.
    Also likely to see more short routes and increased use of the tight end(s) and slot receiver.
    And..........I hope little or no sideline outs to their stud CB's side.

Also doubt that Stick will ever be in the backfield by himself.