Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Season Schedule for 2016-17, Any Information Would Help!

Default Re: The Season Schedule for 2016-17, Any Information Would Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Abe1727 View Post
    Is there going to be a live feed? I just paid for my all-access. Go Bison.
    Coach Garnett replied to me on Twitter saying they plan on doing a Facebook Live stream of it.

Yep, 1pm on facebook.

I enjoyed the showing today. It looks like it'll be a young team, but that's not a bad thing. My take on today's action:

125- Rodriguez looked great. If he opens up more on his feet vs some of the better talent and is improved on bottom, the sky is the limit
    133- Cam looked very good. The two keys for him will be his gas tank and winning on his feet. His ankle pick was beautiful, but I think he still telegraphs his single a bit. Hopefully Landeros holds down the spot until Cam is able to go 2nd semester.
    141- Umlauf looked ok. It's tough to gauge wrestlers when they're facing off vs teammates, so I'm hoping he opens up a bit more vs outside competition. With how close the Walton-Umlauf match was, we'll probably see this play out more in opens.
    149- Gliva has had the better results in the past, and had the better offense today, but Friedman won. Super close match with not a lot of action, and really hard to evaluate either performance. Opens will be interesting for these two.
    157- Clay looked great. Would've liked to see Mergen wrestling here too, but that's nitpicking.
    165- Fogarty looked really good and Nehring is pretty high quality depth.
    174- Nielson looked really quick. Not super sharp, but really quick. Witzig looked pretty solid too. I'll be interested to see him in some opens.
    184- McNutt looked better at 184. Urbach looked alright too, but looked a bit stiff. I would use both of them depending on the matchup. Downey is a big time upper body guy, who has heavy hips too. I'd go Urbach vs him, as he looks a bit stronger and may be able to slow him down more. Good depth at this weight.
    197- Eaton was like Nielson. Super quick, but not super sharp. Don't get me wrong, he looked good, but he can improve his performance quite a bit. I think he should do really well. Bleeker looked solid too and gives some more depth in the 184-197 range.
    HWT- Tynan looked really good. Rode pretty well and he had super quick, clean shots. Stibral is a big, strong guy, but had no answer for Tynan's speed. Stibral is a pretty high quality backup and should be a capable starter down the line.

The redshirt freshman class is sure looking better. It wasn't a highly rated class by any means, but Sykora, Fogarty, Nielson, and Eaton all look like quality young starters right now, and that doesn't even factor in Stibral, Nico, and Bleeker. Heck, I thought Mergen was solid last year too and Landeros will probably start the first semester this year.

What time does the Bison Open start?

BRING BACK SNORTY

I think it's 10am. I'm not positive though.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe1727 View Post
    I think it's 10am. I'm not positive though.
    Yeah, it's surprisingly tough to find, but the MSUM schedule has it starting at 10am

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Yeah, it's surprisingly tough to find, but the MSUM schedule has it starting at 10am
    My tickets say 10:00 AM at Scheel's Arena. Good thing I looked at that. I thought it was at the SHAC.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."