View Poll Results: How will the consecutive championship run end?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loss in the Championship Game

6 5.66%
  • Loss in the Playoffs

57 53.77%
  • Fail to make the Playoffs........

2 1.89%
  • We move to the FBS

15 14.15%
  • It won't.

26 24.53%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When The Run Ends

Default Re: When The Run Ends

Let me add this...the run doesn't end with a non-championship year. The tradition will continue. Shit happens...even to dynasties.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Let the songs of aspirations be sung forever in the high places and the death notes of the lowly be dredged in the bowels of abaddon like the wails of of ignominy.

Those who lap at the sphincter of ashtoreth and her sycophants shall forever be amused with demise, and their slithering musings shall soon cease to affront the virtuous.

Heed the wisdom of the sage.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZwS0ZonEU
    Can you feel it?

The eternal Wisent on the banks of the Red.

Absolution from political atrocities and the blasphemies of the faithless......http://www.john-keats-poems.com/the-...by-john-keats/

Psalm 27:2

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think a regional school, most likely UNI, will end the run in a playoff game. I don't see NDSU loosing in Frisco. This years NDSU team could be vulnerable at CB, then again the guys you have could step up like they always seem to and CB won't be a question for the next 3 years. I don't think NDSU's run will end because of a deficiency of NDSU's but a great performance by a team that is good enough to beat NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    I think a regional school, most likely UNI, will end the run in a playoff game. I don't see NDSU loosing in Frisco. This years NDSU team could be vulnerable at CB, then again the guys you have could step up like they always seem to and CB won't be a question for the next 3 years. I don't think NDSU's run will end because of a deficiency of NDSU's but a great performance by a team that is good enough to beat NDSU.
    Recent history suggests one of the CB that hasn't played anything yet will be in the NFL in 4 years.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

When is this thread going to end up in the hall of shame?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A Mount Everest size meteor. Even then if you can get Travis Beck in a space shuttle the Bison still might pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I'm not going to vote or speculate on when it might end, I'm just going to continue to enjoy it, living in the moment. I mean, holy cripes, people! I can barely keep my pants on about Charleston Southern right now!

But I do believe this...............when it does end, it will become greater and more legendary as the time passes on. Much more so than it even is right now, in the midst of it.

"So we've got THAT goin' for us..............which is nice."
    My suggestion for that problem:

Hail the BISON!!!

Let's put it this way...I've neglected to and will continue to scoff at any time-stamped Bison paraphernalia. Glad I'm not wearing a back-to-back jacket right now!
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    I agree with this. But of course last year the bulk of the defense was suspect and look how that turned out. However the run ends, it will be because of strong opponent not a weak NDSU. The opposing coach comments on the NDSU 2016 trailer posted in the Iowa thread gave me chills. They (opposing coaches) get it and the trailer really shows how it gets done.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by FFBison View Post
    Let's put it this way...I've neglected to and will continue to scoff at any time-stamped Bison paraphernalia. Glad I'm not wearing a back-to-back jacket right now!
    Yep. I haven't bought one peat anything. I do like all the votes for never, a bit optimistic.

It will be interesting when we have to travel on the road in a playoff game. Almost happened last year.