View Poll Results: How will the consecutive championship run end?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loss in the Championship Game

6 5.66%
  • Loss in the Playoffs

57 53.77%
  • Fail to make the Playoffs........

2 1.89%
  • We move to the FBS

15 14.15%
  • It won't.

26 24.53%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When The Run Ends

Default Re: When The Run Ends

8Peat.jpg

Big XII or bust!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I've thought the same thing. These have been great teams but there have been some fortunate bounces along the way for sure. I didn't really believe a repeat was going to happen until it did. The past 5 years have been great therapy for this Vikings fan.
    I predict the Bison run will end the same year the Vikings win the Super Bowl.

So... you're saying the run will never, ever end then yes?

When the run ends, there will be a lot of fans from other schools gloating, especially from up north. But will the gloating really mean anything? It would be like ripping on Bill Gates for losing a hundred bucks at the blackjack table.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

I'm not going to vote or speculate on when it might end, I'm just going to continue to enjoy it, living in the moment. I mean, holy cripes, people! I can barely keep my pants on about Charleston Southern right now!

But I do believe this...............when it does end, it will become greater and more legendary as the time passes on. Much more so than it even is right now, in the midst of it.

"So we've got THAT goin' for us..............which is nice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    When the run ends, there will be a lot of fans from other schools gloating, especially from up north. But will the gloating really mean anything? It would be like ripping on Bill Gates for losing a hundred bucks at the blackjack table.
    Well given their athletic financial woes, they better just worry about even having a football program of their own soon
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

To paraphrase Aragorn in "LOTR": "A season may come when the courage of the Bison fails, when we forsake Bison Nation and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is NOT this season! This season, we fight!"

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    To paraphrase Aragorn in "LOTR": "A season may come when the courage of the Bison fails, when we forsake Bison Nation and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is NOT this season! This season, we fight!"
    This talk about the run ending reminds me of Cubs' fans and their talk about winning a world series.......

Bad mojo. .
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    ^THIS

It's the farthest thing from my mind right now, I'm only worried about Charleston Southern. I'm taking this one game at a time and my ultimate goal as a fan is to cheer the Bison on to another MVFC championship. I'm trying to get better every day, continuing to work hard, and trying to stay healthy by working out every day. Go Bison!
    Are you familiar with the term "try hard."
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21