Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Und going to switch conferences or cut sports

Default Re: Is Und going to switch conferences or cut sports

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I think most of those guys are crazy, and I don't understand crazy.

On serious note, I just wish they would stop acting like NDSU's Athletic Department is doing nothing and resting on their laurels. I know from my conversations with those who work in the AD, they're doing a lot of work to make sure NDSU is ready for the future and setting up the University to not lose it's butt like many schools are currently. It's amazing what they're doing with such a low budget.
    Those thoughts have been expressed here many times. But for some reason many just dont get it. Plus if TM doesnt spoon feed them the minute details then nothing is going on and they are incompetent. Even though the information is easily accessible they wont ask the people who have the answers. Its gets to be a vicious circle that feeds on itself.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Those thoughts have been expressed here many times. But for some reason many just dont get it. Plus if TM doesnt spoon feed them the minute details then nothing is going on and they are incompetent. Even though the information is easily accessible they wont ask the people who have the answers. Its gets to be a vicious circle that feeds on itself.
    That part I don't understand. I live nowhere near Fargo, but yet have no issue talking to those in charge to get an idea on how things really work. Heck, when we (USAW) were in Fargo each July, Gene Taylor didn't shy away from any of the numerous questions I asked him over the years. I learned a lot about how the NCAA really works from those conversations.

In regards to Pat Simmers, he's one of the most approachable people at NDSU in my opinion. Although I donate to Team Makers, my amount isn't "big time," but yet, Pat will take the time to talk to me anytime I see him at a game. No different than it was when I was a student-athlete.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The IAC at UND has punted, recommending that the university invest more money in athletics and cut no sports:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...-all-20-sports

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    The IAC at UND has punted, recommending that the university invest more money in athletics and cut no sports:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...-all-20-sports
    So. To save money, we will spend more money.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

And Kennedy accepts at least the recommendation not to cut any sports....what a fiasco up there!

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...0i_VmE.twitter

And Kennedy accepts at least the recommendation not to cut any sports....what a fiasco up there!

What a spineless chicken shit. Glad to see leadership is right back where is usually is. You imagine if they ever had Presidents who had the balls to make the right tough decisions?

Oh dont worry about them. The legislature will find some money for them
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Good luck with that.

This is shaping up to be a no money for anyone type of session.

Who's going to vote for bailing out UND's athletic department with their constituent's property tax buy down dollars?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    They said they would increase tickets prices 25%. Sorry for the following math problem. Lets say current ticket price to a UND sport is $15.00. The new ticket will cost $18.75. So when no one still does not attend did they generate more revenue? In UND world yes!!!!!! in the REAL world no!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

This part, from the Herald, is particularly interesting:

The IAC's recommendation included reviewing contracts with Ralph Engelstad Arena and the Alerus Center, as well as raising student fees and ticket prices.

Although Kennedy acknowledged those recommendations require third-party approvals, the president stressed the university would not be revisiting cuts if the recommendations don't come to fruition.

"I have made it clear this is a once-in-a-Kennedy-tenure opportunity to review sports sponsorship," Kennedy said. "It's a closed conversation as far as I'm concerned."