Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2016 RBs

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 RBs

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Okay, I am not a fan of running QBs
    Get use to it, because that's what we do, and it's damn effective.

Well we won 13 NC by running qbs. Bentrim, Simdorn, Feeney, etc. might disagree with your stance...

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    Well we won 13 NC by running qbs. Bentrim, Simdorn, Feeney, etc. might disagree with your stance...
    There is a difference between running when things break down or the occasional designed run then running the option almost every play. It is nice to give the defense something to worry about but he doesn't need to run 15 times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    There is a difference between running when things break down or the occasional designed run then running the option almost every play. It is nice to give the defense something to worry about but he doesn't need to run 15 times a game.
    It would be interesting to see an analysis on risk of QB injury. Obviously a play where the QB hands off would seem to have the least likelihood of QB injury. But I'd be willing to bet that there is only marginally more risk of injury for a designed QB run vs a designed pass play. Wentz broke his wrist on a passing play. I looked for some statistical analysis, but couldn't find anything.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    It would be interesting to see an analysis on risk of QB injury. Obviously a play where the QB hands off would seem to have the least likelihood of QB injury. But I'd be willing to bet that there is only marginally more risk of injury for a designed QB run vs a designed pass play. Wentz broke his wrist on a passing play. I looked for some statistical analysis, but couldn't find anything.
    I would guess just standing back in the passing pocket has to be the biggest, most-often-taken risk to injury in all of football.

Not gonna be able to avoid that........and still play the game decently.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    I agree we need to use sticks ability to run since he is so good but we don't need to have him taking more than several his in a game especially in our conference. I do know the more hits the more likely there is to get hurt

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I agree we need to use sticks ability to run since he is so good but we don't need to have him taking more than several his in a game especially in our conference. I do know the more hits the more likely there is to get hurt
    If the defense can't stop it he will run 20 times a game. YOU play to win the game!!!!!

I liked Klieman's comment in his presser about Bruce: "He looks like a completely different person." (or something to that effect -- in relation to how much bigger/stronger he got in the weight room since last year)

Can't wait to see him on the field again!

Super excited about the RB group this year, I think it's gonna be power all year long. (I guess every year we are the most power heavy team in the nation, but I think we won't try to over-fancy it this year) also, it's good to be back after a couple months hiatus, I needed to tone down my internet usage, but football season is back and I'm so ready for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Last season Our QB led the team in rushing in four games including the Natty. Wentz and Stick ran for over 900 yards for the season. It was a big part of our offense last season. Not sure if that was a good thing or something to be worried about!