Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 RBs

Default Re: 2016 RBs

I think some people on here forget that Bruce Anderson is now BIGGER (+3 lbs and same height) than Frazier after his first offseason with Kramer. Probably has more wiggle and speed than Frazier too. I love me some Frazier though. I feel like King on offense and Ambrosius on defense were the two people that really upped their game once Carson went down and kept us on track for the championship run.

Over the last 2 years we have averaged roughly 48 rushing attempts per game it looks like. With Easton running the show I expect that to stay about the same, or uptick slightly. This is how I see the breakdown assuming the same 48 rush attempts per game average.

Frazier 14
    Bruce 14
    Morlock 6 (Morlock will also get involved in his swiss army knife role within the passing game more than the others as well to keep him utilized)
    Dunn 5
    Stick 5
    Purifoy 2
    FB/WR/etc 2

I think this seems realistic. I think Purifoy will be a tad behind with the hip stinger and maybe needs to get a bit more weight on him but we may never need him as a primary back to where his slight frame isn't as big of an issue. Next year it becomes the Bruce, Dunn, Purifoy, and Cofield show....Disgusting. Reload, babay!
    Rixen

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I envision more King this year.

I still think Frazier is the bell cow this year. He said he wanted more touches because it helps him get in a better rhythm. They gave him more touches last year and we all were rewarded, I think we continue that trend.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

King and BA will dominate the carries with King getting the higher amounts of reps. Morlock and Dunn will split 3rd and long duties with Morlock seeing more playing time due to his ability to be placed just about anywhere on the field. If BA has a long kick return, I think King gets more reps during that series with Dunn filling in for BA. Not that he needed to, but I like that King lost some weight. Hope it was a switch from fat to muscle and it helps his speed. Super pumped to see that BA put on weight. Hope it translates into more broken tackles. Would love to see Dunn break the long runs he was so close to doing last season. Like has been said, Purifoy will get mop up duty. Keep that young man eating and in the weight room. And then there's Stick. I know he's a QB but if he improves from last season, look out!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Morlock should work on ball safety. He is prone to dropping the ball. He did that last year near the red zone against UNI in the 2nd half.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Hopefully Dunn can stay healthy and also get some c arrives as a change of pace back. I think he can add another demention with his speed

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Really interested in this group. Let's discuss. Who's all in the actual mix beside KF & BA. Will it be by committee again this year or will we settle in with 2-back rotation that brought us our first 4 consecutive Natty's basically, sans JC having majority of reps in '14 run?

Sent from my iPhone.
    Rotation like last year. Morlock to FB.

Later last season Bruce Anderson was also being used as slot receiver, with someone else lined up behind Stick.
    That gave the opportunity for jet sweeps. Will be fun to see if some pass routes feature BA out of the slot position. That was a good way to get more playing time for all that RB depth.

Also will be looking for former Bruin RB Ty Brooks (RFR) and how the coaches utilize him (RB, slot receiver, punt/kickoff returns)
    (Brooks provides even more depth at RB - another reason to hope Cofield is
    redshirted). Coach Klieman mentioned Brooks a couple times in the interviews I heard.

Am excited to see Purifoy, hope his injury heals quickly. Coach K said it would cause him to miss a couple games.

I have no problem with a healthy dose of King and Bruce. It would be a stretch to think either would go through a whole season injury free, so I expect to see somebody else step in when necessary. I have become a huge fan of BA and I want to see more. KF is just a no nonsense runner who gets the job done. I would like to see us return to the day of a couple 1000 yard backs.

I get concerned with more than a two back system. I said it a lot last year and I think it is so important for the offense to figure out the rhythm of their main backs. Not just the backs finding their groove, but the line figuring out the timing of a couple of backs and not a bunch of them rotating in. KF is more of a runner who runs the play exactly how it is drawn up. When he is in the game, blockers know they have to stay 100% within the lines in the playbook. He is fine with bouncing off of defenders for extra yards. BA will cut back and find openings that aren't supposed to be there. WRs and TEs know they have to keep their head on a swivel and react. More backs mean more running styles that add to complexity. It doesn't maximize the offense if you limit a RB's strengths.

I'd like to see BA get some more carries. He has that break away ability that I just don't see in King. King's a solid back, hit the hole hard the second half last year but doesn't really have a miss me or can't catch me mode. Really thought Dunn would be better last year but he seems to be a work in progress. Morlock is a great utility back who catches the ball extremely well out of the backfield. He should have a great year in that Bonnett role this year.