Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 RBs

Default Re: 2016 RBs

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I predict that Purifoy and/or Cofield will show tremendous ability, and can't be left off the field.
    No need to waste a year with Cofield with all the talent we have. I really hope Bruce gets a good majority of the carries with king pounding the ball between the tackles. I hope morlock is used as a fb and pass catcher and doesn't get a lot of carries.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

I agree that this is going to be an interesting group to follow, and also generally agree with many of you that I see Frazier and Anderson getting most of the carries this year - maybe even splitting the workload right down the middle ala 2013 Ojuri & Crockett.

But...............I still have it in my mind that a healthy Morlock is a effin' dude of a runner, and that he still has great potential and ability as a regular ball carrier, not just as a utility back. Not sure if that will happen with all the potential talent it appears we have back there, but................
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 08-16-2016 at 07:40 PM.

I guess I have always been a fan of giving the ball to whomever is having a "good" day. Sometimes defenses just have a difficult time with a certain running style, similar to what we saw in re-match with CCU. Would really like to see a whomever has both tackle-breaking physicality and TD-breakaway speed, as in JC is sr year. Whatever happens, with this stable of backs, we should be dangerous out of the backfield.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm really pleased with the depth of this group. We HOPEFULLY are going to play 15 games, and HOPEFULLY a large portion of our games are ground and pound. Having a lot of guys to spread the hits around is a huge plus, and an injury or two through out the season among this group is likely.

If I had a choice, King and Bruce would split 80% of the carries, Dunn would get 10% (mostly as a change of pace or in the fourth quarter when his speed to the edge would kill a tired defense) and Morlock would get 10% but be used all over the place like Bonnett was. Morlock is killer as a lead blocker in the NASCAR package (or the Oh God, no formation referenced earlier), and those set up the wheel routes that he scored on last year. That is such a good formation, so many options out of it, that the defense almost has to ignore the lead blocker. Purifoy will probably have to stick to special teams and mop-up duty, but will be added to the mix next year.

In my mind, King earned a lot of the load this year by his play in the second half last year. Bruce is an animal that is our next great back, and he's put on 10 pounds. So fast to the edge, and now has some added strength to handle more carries. Each one brings something a little different...

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I agree that this is going to be an interesting group to follow, and also generally agree with many of you that I see Frazier and Anderson getting most of the carries this year - maybe even splitting the workload right down the middle ala 2013 Ojuri & Crockett.

But...............I still have it in my mind that a healthy Morlock is a effin' dude of a runner, and that he still has great potential and ability as a regular ball carrier, not just as a utility back. Not sure if that will happen with all the potential talent it appears we have back there, but................
    I'm with you on Morlock. I feel like we've yet to see what a healthy Chase Morlock can look like. I want to see him on the field often, and if he's half as good as Bonnet was I'd be happy with that.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

King is leaner.
    Morlock looks stronger.
    Anderson has spent a year with Kramer now and apparently it shows.

I pitty MVFC defenses.

With the list of RB's we have, I can't think of any possible reason to take Cofield's redshirt off. Especially with no 2017 RB committed.

King flipped it to beast mode in the playoffs... he got stronger and stronger as the season went on. I'd expect him to get a lot of carries.
    Morlock is healthy... and if he can stay that way, he's a tremendous weapon.
    Bruce Anderson - I didn't not know that "playmaker" had 16 u's in it (as in Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!) On the flashy side, he's the best KR in the FBS. On the "little things" side, he just does things away from the ball that I'd expect out of somebody like Ryan Smith (for example, I'm pretty sure he recovered two muffed punts in a single game last year.)
    Dunn can get 'er done.
    Purifoy - seems like we've been waiting forever to see him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbsy View Post
    A bunch of 'Oh God, No' sets...
    http://www.devilslakejournal.com/new...best-nightmare (p2)
    Grantland Rice had a name for it.

"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore their names are Death, Destruction, Pestilence, and Famine. But those are aliases."
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie