Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 RBs

Default 2016 RBs

Really interested in this group. Let's discuss. Who's all in the actual mix beside KF & BA. Will it be by committee again this year or will we settle in with 2-back rotation that brought us our first 4 consecutive Natty's basically, sans JC having majority of reps in '14 run?

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: 2016 RBs

I predict that Purifoy and/or Cofield will show tremendous ability, and can't be left off the field.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

KF and BA should get most of the touches IMO.

Dunn will get some. Morlock more of a utility back IMO.

Purfoy?? IDK

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My guess is King is going to step it up his senior year and get more carries. But they will still all get playing time which is good.
    Purifoy is out for a few weeks with a hip. Sometimes those injuries can linger.

A bunch of 'Oh God, No' sets...
    http://www.devilslakejournal.com/new...best-nightmare (p2)
    NDSU has a formation with the quarterback in shotgun, a running back on both sides of him and a running back behind him.

I’m not sure what the package is called, but I believe opposing defensive coaches call it “oh God, no.”

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I predict that Purifoy and/or Cofield will show tremendous ability, and can't be left off the field.
    They should redshirt Cofield. Having a 6th RB would be a complete waste of a year of his time here

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    They should redshirt Cofield. Having a 6th RB would be a complete waste of a year of his time here
    this^

Unless we get hammered with injuries, I say keep the shirt on this kid if at all possible.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    KF and BA should get most of the touches IMO.

Dunn will get some. Morlock more of a utility back IMO.

Purfoy?? IDK
    Agreed. Really excited to see what Purifoy has to offer. I love the OOC schedule but if we had a cakewalk game it would have been great to see him get a good amount of snaps. His time will come.

I also agree that pulling Cofield's shirt would not be wise unless he is absolutely transcendent. King and Bruce as lead backs, Chase as utility, and Dunn and Purifoy as changeups.....Zero need for a 6th back.
    Rixen

The backs that will be in play and that will get the carries will be Frazier, Anderson, Morlock, and Dunn. The two younger guys will have to wait their turn. Nice option to have with 6 guys that would start for most teams. I think the breakdown as far as % of carries will be Frazier: 35%, Anderson: 25%, Morlock: 20%, Dunn: 20%. Now, many factors could change all this with things like; if King steps up like Crockett did his senior year, or Anderson takes a big leap in productivity, or if Morlock becomes more of a FB/TE option. I hope we run more of that set with 3 backs. How do you stop 4 running options!! Cant wait for coach P to work his magic.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    The backs that will be in play and that will get the carries will be Frazier, Anderson, Morlock, and Dunn. The two younger guys will have to wait their turn. Nice option to have with 6 guys that would start for most teams. I think the breakdown as far as % of carries will be Frazier: 35%, Anderson: 25%, Morlock: 20%, Dunn: 20%. Now, many factors could change all this with things like; if King steps up like Crockett did his senior year, or Anderson takes a big leap in productivity, or if Morlock becomes more of a FB/TE option. I hope we run more of that set with 3 backs. How do you stop 4 running options!! Cant wait for coach P to work his magic.
    Word on the street is that there's a play in place where we have this 3 headed monster in the backfield and then the pass goes out to an eligible left tackle in the flat, can't wait to see that one.

//purple
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1