Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kolpacks book: Horns Up

Default Re: Kolpacks book: Horns Up

Started to read it. I don't like how he named names of donors and disclosed sales tactics even though it's probably obvious how the solicitation works.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What percentage of sales go to bison athletics?
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Started to read it. I don't like how he named names of donors and disclosed sales tactics even though it's probably obvious how the solicitation works.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    like what? i refuse to buy it
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    What percentage of sales go to bison athletics?
    Speaking as an author, he has no financial obligation to NDSU as they do not own Jeff's intellectual property that he gained through reporting on them for so many years. The royalties are the reward for busting your ass and writing the book. (In this case, it appears to me Jeff owns the book as he self-published so little different than me.) As much as they are hated, the more legit claim would be by the Forum as much of his material he obtained was done on their dime and have some claim to the intellectual property used. Not sure he had to give them a cut or not, but it would be hard to dispute if he did have to pay them a little since they clearly own most of his previously written work.

Now, should Jeff give a donation in good will? That is a completely different discussion, but I don't think he should feel obligated to, or be required to donate a percentage, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Speaking as an author, he has no financial obligation to NDSU as they do not own Jeff's intellectual property that he gained through reporting on them for so many years. The royalties are the reward for busting your ass and writing the book. (In this case, it appears to me Jeff owns the book as he self-published so little different than me.) As much as they are hated, the more legit claim would be by the Forum as much of his material he obtained was done on their dime and have some claim to the intellectual property used. Not sure he had to give them a cut or not, but it would be hard to dispute if he did have to pay them a little since they clearly own most of his previously written work.

Now, should Jeff give a donation in good will? That is a completely different discussion, but I don't think he should feel obligated to, or be required to donate a percentage, etc.
    Im sure its just racking up the numbers..

19.95 X 1,000 books sold = $19,950 ..... Publisher of book gets 50% Forum comm gets 25% jeff makes $5000 . whoopidty doo
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?