Thread: Mid-Major Rivalries

Default Mid-Major Rivalries

Do you agree?

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2016/...iona-manhattan

South Dakota State vs. North Dakota State

For me, three of the main components that make up a good college rivalry are campus proximity, what is at stake when the teams play, and how successful the two teams are. The campuses of SDSU and NDSU are close enough to one another — less than a three-hour drive — for fans to TP their rival school’s quad after dark and make it back in time for class the next day. On top of that, the two teams have shared conference supremacy for the better part of this decade.

Prior to 2007, the Summit League was known as the Mid-Continent Conference and was largely dominated by Valparaiso. But the Jackrabbits and Bison have held almost absolute dominion over the league since then, winning six Summit League Tournament titles since 2009. Three of those years — 2013, 2015, and 2016 — the teams squared off in the title game to decide not only an NCAA Tournament bid, but the winner of the season's series.

Default Re: Mid-Major Rivalries

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    Though to TP the quad in Fargo.... We don't have one do we?

I always enjoy the games.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Though to TP the quad in Fargo.... We don't have one do we?

I always enjoy the games.
    Not anymore. The closest thing we had to a quad is where the STEM building sits now.

If you football snobs would goto brookings or Sioux Falls for a NDSU/SDSU basketball game, you'd be amazed how heated this rivalry is!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Not anymore. The closest thing we had to a quad is where the STEM building sits now.
    Yeah, NDSU was super poorly planned, hopefully the university starts to consume some of the surrounding neighborhood to improve the campus. There is basically no outdoor gathering space.

There probably should have been a quad up where the high rises are.

I believe my current university has a quad for every single college, though I rarely venture out of John Muir, Eleanor Roosevelt, or Thurgood Marshall, so I can't say for sure for the other colleges.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

And yeah, its a good rivalry. Hopefully we both continue to get better. If the Summit is ever going to be a 2 bid league, these are the two teams that will be taking the bids.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

I agree. Bison Bunnies is a great rivalry. It was contrieved... In 1903

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com