Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Verbal: Josh Babicz

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Verbal: Josh Babicz

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Slightly worried we misread him and pull another jeff illies. Turning a wide out into a tight end that should have stayed a wide out.....
    What evidence do you have of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    What evidence do you have of this?
    Yeah, what?!

WR is a different skillset than TE. Not to mention, if he is close to as athletic as a WR, that creates mismatches. Football 101. Next you're going to suggest to me that Jimmy Graham should be a WR.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just said it was a concern as several people have voiced in the past that they wished Illies would have stayed a wide out. Another big guy that can catch comes along and we immediately think tight end.

Just said it was a concern as several people have voiced in the past that they wished Illies would have stayed a wide out. Another big guy that can catch comes along and we immediately think tight end.
    This goes along with the standard BV thinking that any 6 ft. 3 in. 230 pound high school LB will be automatically converted to DE.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    This goes along with the standard BV thinking that any 6 ft. 3 in. 230 pound high school LB will be automatically converted to DE.
    Well he did play wide out and is coming in as a TE. so it's not an assumption it being a reported fact.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Sooooo what are you saying?

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Yeah, what?!

WR is a different skillset than TE. Not to mention, if he is close to as athletic as a WR, that creates mismatches. Football 101. Next you're going to suggest to me that Jimmy Graham should be a WR.
    Have you seen Graham block? That dude is a WR I don't care what they list him as.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In Jeff's defense, he's been a bit buried behind a couple really good TE's, Bonnet did everything and Albers had his number called often. I'm looking for Jeff to have a big year at the TE position. I think Coach Roehl mentioned him today as someone that added some more muscle during the offseason, and is someone our offense is going to rely on for production. I'm okay with him being at TE, and trust the coaches know the best spot for him.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    In Jeff's defense, he's been a bit buried behind a couple really good TE's, Bonnet did everything and Albers had his number called often. I'm looking for Jeff to have a big year at the TE position. I think Coach Roehl mentioned him today as someone that added some more muscle during the offseason, and is someone our offense is going to rely on for production. I'm okay with him being at TE, and trust the coaches know the best spot for him.
    I think Nate Jenson also was mentioned in a positive light today in regards to TE.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Sooooo what are you saying?
    I think he is saying BV likes to assign positions to players entirely on height and weight without any regard for talent.