Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast

Thread: Support Bresciani

Default Re: Support Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Roscoe is a candidate for the SBHE...That would be horrible.

Hopefully Burgum doesn't choose him.

WTF If there is anyone that needs to not be involved in anything in this state anymore it is him. He has had a vendetta against Higher Ed for years.

One wonders what Roscoe has got on Burgum. If he is on the list, he will be chosen.

It's funny how when I look him up and his positions on most policy issues... I agree with them. But he's so irrationally hostile to higher ed, and especially to the research universities. As a republican, when I moved to ND from MN, it was refreshing to be in a red state. But judas priest, the republicans in ND are so anti-intellectual in their conservatism, I find myself needing a third party.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 05-14-2018 at 01:32 AM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    But judas priest, the republicans in ND are so anti-intellectual in their conservatism, I find myself needing a third party.
    Situation not confined to ND.

This is why I've started to vote Libertarian.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    This is why I've started to vote Libertarian.
    Because North Dakota has great private colleges educating tens of thousands of its citizens and doing hundreds of millions in innovative research.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Because North Dakota has great private colleges educating tens of thousands of its citizens and doing hundreds of millions in innovative research.
    Yep, you're not going to find great champions of public universities in Libertarians.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yep, you're not going to find great champions of public universities in Libertarians.
    Weak. Being a Libertarian and strongly supporting public universities are not mutually exclusive. Similar to being a pro-life Democrat or a pro-choice Republican.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Weak. Being a Libertarian and strongly supporting public universities are not mutually exclusive. Similar to being a pro-life Democrat or a pro-choice Republican.
    It's almost as if most people don't actually fit into one of the two boxes that we jam everyone into.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Being a Libertarian and strongly supporting public universities are not mutually exclusive.

You're free to run with the definition you want, but the standard jibe is that libertarians do not support government in all but the most limited of cases, including public education.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."