Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Bresciani

Default Re: Support Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    No disagreement here. I think He is doing a good job. I also think while an odd duck, the guy is nice and not near as upiddy or unapproachable as some say. I think his decision to retain the university's general counsel as cos was one of many good moves. Sure he is not a researchers phd, but he certainly speaks egghead.
    I have never understood why Bresciani is so constantly referred to as "arrogant." I think someone probably referred him to that once and the media just picked up on it. Though I do not know him, I know some who are close to him and he is actually an introvert who has to function as an extrovert. Sometimes shyness is at the root of perceived arrogance. I do not believe he is arrogant at all. McFeely (who I do not think is necessarily unfair to DB) constantly refers to him as "arrogant."

Bresciani has an ego, of course, he does. Do we really want a university president who does not have an ego??? His is a healthy ego and a strong one but not an overwhelming one. I see him as being as approachable as can be expected for someone who is responsible for hundreds of staff, 2 campuses and thousands of students. And also has to be on guard for the latest media onslaught.

I am relieved his contract was renewed, even if just for the one year. Do we really want to take the risk of an unknown president versus Bresciani who we know what we have? I liked his dogged personality. I was re-reading a few articles, especially the ones where the Fargo Forum, and all the other media outlets were demanding his resignation several months back. It is particularly ironic to read these articles "the morning after."

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    With outstanding and innate leadership skills. You forgot that part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fair enough and I realize that fact. My post was a response to the direct question.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Start smoozing gov elect Doug Burgum. Governor appoints all of them.

Then watch this webpage for opening of the application period.
    http://www.ndus.edu/board/apply-for-the-board/
    Looks like Neset and Reichert's terms are up next June 30th. (I wonder if they vote on contract extensions before they leave or do they let the incoming replacements handle that?) Morton does not leave until 2020.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. – Marcus Aurelius

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” – Benjamin Franklin

Interesting article by McFeely. I find it interesting one of the areas they want to see Dean Bresciani is communication skills yet Don Morton wouldn't give a reason why he voted no to renew. That is a dick move and very douche like.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The SBHE spent three hours in a secret session. Discussing communication issues. Think about it.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sharptail View Post
    The SBHE spent three hours in a secret session. Discussing communication issues. Think about it.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    A little Alanis Morissette playing in the background?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Man is Heitkamp crying and whining this AM about Bresciani. I guess you kind of have to feel bad for the guy, about everything he has argued or lobbied for the last 6 months has went all to hell the last 10 days. Now don't get me wrong as I typed that with a huge smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1952 View Post
    I have never understood why Bresciani is so constantly referred to as "arrogant." I think someone probably referred him to that once and the media just picked up on it. Though I do not know him, I know some who are close to him and he is actually an introvert who has to function as an extrovert. Sometimes shyness is at the root of perceived arrogance. I do not believe he is arrogant at all. McFeely (who I do not think is necessarily unfair to DB) constantly refers to him as "arrogant."

Bresciani has an ego, of course, he does. Do we really want a university president who does not have an ego??? His is a healthy ego and a strong one but not an overwhelming one. I see him as being as approachable as can be expected for someone who is responsible for hundreds of staff, 2 campuses and thousands of students. And also has to be on guard for the latest media onslaught.

I am relieved his contract was renewed, even if just for the one year. Do we really want to take the risk of an unknown president versus Bresciani who we know what we have? I liked his dogged personality. I was re-reading a few articles, especially the ones where the Fargo Forum, and all the other media outlets were demanding his resignation several months back. It is particularly ironic to read these articles "the morning after."
    He has a vision and goals that exceed those of other ND schools...thus he is arrogant.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1952 View Post

Didn't the malcontents say the same thing about Chapman? I believe it's their go-to rhetoric.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Didn't the malcontents say the same thing about Chapman? I believe it's their go-to rhetoric.
    You know what would be great? To have UN_ to succeed at the same time NDSU does. I've always wondered if NDSU success would still be a problem is that happened. I'm guessing the answer is yes.