Page 57 of 79 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Bresciani

Default Re: Support Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    We are lucky to have him/thank God we kept him.

My preference would be for our next President have a similar background - given NDSU has a strong provost, etc.

Depends on the institution. I think NDSU could continue to be successful with a President from a variety of backgrounds.

//

Are all the best generals former infantry?
    CEOs former heads of marketing? Head coaches former players?
    No, but the best generals have a military background.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I see no problem with a university requiring its president having a PhD. The coursework and dissertation process should bear an expert in their professional field. Combine that with developed leadership characteristics and now you have leader with their own ability to synthesize data and the application of others' theories towards their own decisions. You better be able to navigate a complex system somewhat fluidly on your own. It isn't just being to understand what the people around you are doing, but having the capacity to decipher the information given to you.
    None of the so-called credentials you outline are necessarily required to perform the way you describe. There are many who have those and couldn't do the job correctly. An "education" doesn't mean automatically that one is intelligent and or has people or organizational skills. Was CCU's coach "educated" properly for the position?

People who have achieved/obtained a high degree of education oftentimes have an indefensible, elitist perspective IMO. The instant one feels that way is the exact time they show how narrow-minded and unintelligent they are. There's a huge difference between being "smart" and intelligent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    No, but the best generals have a military background.
    With outstanding and innate leadership skills. You forgot that part.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    make sure to write to the gov. elect and advocate your point of view.
    Have done it before in the past, and will be doing it again. Only way to keep people accountable in my opinion.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. – Marcus Aurelius

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” – Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    None of the so-called credentials you outline are necessarily required to perform the way you describe. There are many who have those and couldn't do the job correctly. An "education" doesn't mean automatically that one is intelligent and or has people or organizational skills. Was CCU's coach "educated" properly for the position?

People who have achieved/obtained a high degree of education oftentimes have an indefensible, elitist perspective IMO. The instant one feels that way is the exact time they show how narrow-minded and unintelligent they are. There's a huge difference between being "smart" and intelligent.

Of course certain people can thrive in certain circumstances without having the perceived degree bla bla bla. Just as some fail despite their credentials.

I am pretty certain i would be a fine attorney. I bet having a jd would help me....if not in doing the job at least with gaining credibility and acceptance from the legal community.

Point being absolutes are sometimes necessary and sometimes they make no sense. Being a university president requires an unique skill set. Speaking the language of your talent sure helps, but just like anything if one has other skills one can compensate and overcome.

Obviously its a slow day

Default Support Bresciani

Of course certain people can thrive in certain circumstances without having the perceived degree bla bla bla. Just as some fail despite their credentials.

I am pretty certain i would be a fine attorney. I bet having a jd would help me....if not in doing the job at least with gaining credibility and acceptance from the legal community.

Point being absolutes are sometimes necessary and sometimes they make no sense. Being a university president requires an unique skill set. Speaking the language of your talent sure helps, but just like anything if one has other skills one can compensate and overcome.

Obviously its a slow day
    Solid post. The issue for those that question DB's credentials/education is what is he lacking that makes him/his credentials lacking? Of course if one is just looking at a resume, that's easy, but there is clearly more to it. A small example would be as simple as the question of "how's he doing" from an "objective standard.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Solid post. The issue for those that question DB's credentials/education is what is he lacking that makes him/his credentials lacking? Of course if one is just looking at a resume, that's easy, but there is clearly more to it. A small example would be as simple as the question of "how's he doing" from an "objective standard.

No disagreement here. I think He is doing a good job. I also think while an odd duck, the guy is nice and not near as upiddy or unapproachable as some say. I think his decision to retain the university's general counsel as cos was one of many good moves. Sure he is not a researchers phd, but he certainly speaks egghead.

No disagreement here. I think He is doing a good job. I also think while an odd duck, the guy is nice and not near as upiddy or unapproachable as some say. I think his decision to retain the university's general counsel as cos was one of many good moves. Sure he is not a researchers phd, but he certainly speaks egghead.
    The bigger question is what does it take and or what is the criteria for getting on SBOHE? I'm thinking Nesset doesn't have them, especially if it means leaving biases at the door. I'd love to be on that board. Maybe replace Morton.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Not often I agree with required credentials, but you have to have a solid research track record to have the ability to lead a research university. Hard to do with without a Ph. D. somewhere along the way.
    I agree. Kind of.

In real world business a degree is vastly overrated. In fact most people I know who are very well off (borderline rich) don't have degrees at all. In some professions you have to have a degree, obviously. I don't want a Lawyer or someone to operate on me without one. But as far as a President of a research college, not having the highest level of education would be embarrassing. You don't want students to be more educated on paper than the President. So for that reason, it should be a requirement. However, someone without a PhD would be absolutely as capable. Probably more.

And I don't want Don Morton. Epic coach. Skilled. But he has an agenda. He's not loyal to NDSU at all but everyone thinks he is.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The bigger question is what does it take and or what is the criteria for getting on SBOHE? I'm thinking Nesset doesn't have them, especially if it means leaving biases at the door. I'd love to be on that board. Maybe replace Morton.

Start smoozing gov elect Doug Burgum. Governor appoints all of them.

Then watch this webpage for opening of the application period.
    http://www.ndus.edu/board/apply-for-the-board/