Page 56 of 79 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Bresciani

Default Re: Support Bresciani

Didn't Morton become a und lackey when he came back to ND? I know his kid was some kind of overpaid waterboy up there IIRC. At any rate, Morton is a dipshit in my eyes. I can see why he never amounted to anything once he left NDSU.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    not going to argue semantics.

he has a research degree and completed a dissertation that was unpublished and no other scholarly contributions in 21 years.

he's a professional administrator.
    And damn good at what he does. Don't agree in any respect that a college president needs to have some sort of PHd of some specified or special sort. Stupid and myopic barrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After Mort and his staff got canned at Wisc, I think he was is the investment business for a short time(just guessing.) He came back to Fargo to be executive director of Teammakers. Most of the Board wanted former QB Bruce Grasamke, however AD Bob Entzion already had Morton picked. Didn't really have the personality for the job. He then moved on to be assistant to the President of the University, and eventually moved on to Microsoft. Don't understand why our locals can't support NDSU.
    If this happened in GF, they would be burned at the cross.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Morton's son, Josh was a piss poor QB at UND. I think he worked for the Fighting Sioux Club and eventually moved to the University of Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Sorry I don't agree with this. Brilliant minds don't need a college education, it's just unfortunate that is what businesses solely rely on these days.
    You dont need a Ph.D, but you better be able to understand reserach and be able to communicate with your talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterborn View Post
    I agree. Clean house.
    make sure to write to the gov. elect and advocate your point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    After Mort and his staff got canned at Wisc, I think he was is the investment business for a short time(just guessing.) He came back to Fargo to be executive director of Teammakers. Most of the Board wanted former QB Bruce Grasamke, however AD Bob Entzion already had Morton picked. Didn't really have the personality for the job. He then moved on to be assistant to the President of the University, and eventually moved on to Microsoft. Don't understand why our locals can't support NDSU.
    If this happened in GF, they would be burned at the cross.
    Your history is correct. I'll also add that he was the major impetus behind hiring Bobby B. As head coach. BB was a grad assistant and assistant coach for Morton either or at both Tulsa and Wisky. For those who think Dean B is an egomaniac, He pales in comparison to Morton.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And damn good at what he does. Don't agree in any respect that a college president needs to have some sort of PHd of some specified or special sort. Stupid and myopic barrier.

I see no problem with a university requiring its president having a PhD. The coursework and dissertation process should bear an expert in their professional field. Combine that with developed leadership characteristics and now you have leader with their own ability to synthesize data and the application of others' theories towards their own decisions. You better be able to navigate a complex system somewhat fluidly on your own. It isn't just being to understand what the people around you are doing, but having the capacity to decipher the information given to you.

I prefer my Presidents not having to go to a class at Harvard to learn how to do the job.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

And damn good at what he does.
    We are lucky to have him/thank God we kept him.

My preference would be for our next President have a similar background - given NDSU has a strong provost, etc.

Don't agree in any respect that a college president needs to have some sort of PHd of some specified or special sort.
    Depends on the institution. I think NDSU could continue to be successful with a President from a variety of backgrounds.

//

Are all the best generals former infantry? CEOs former heads of marketing? Head coaches former players?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."