Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Bresciani

Default Re: Support Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Why do I read this as something the SBOHE is requesting and or behind rather than impromptu vote by faculty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's coming from several members of the NDSU Faculty Senate and it has been an agenda item.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Why do I read this as something the SBOHE is requesting and or behind rather than impromptu vote by faculty?

That was my first impression. But knowing how they work, they just want a no vote to CTA. If its yes, to support, they dont care.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Could be wrong, but I don't think it's coming from them. Sounds like it's coming from the faculty senate. I think they want to tell the SBHE and their legislative leash-holders just where to stick it. Guess we'll find out either tomorrow or a week from tomorrow.(crappy article was poorly written)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Could be wrong, but I don't think it's coming from them. Sounds like it's coming from the faculty senate. I think they want to tell the SBHE and their legislative leash-holders just where to stick it. Guess we'll find out either tomorrow or a week from tomorrow.(crappy article was poorly written)
    You are correct.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    It's coming from several members of the NDSU Faculty Senate and it has been an agenda item.
    Then I think HSmith nailed it. The votes are already there.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Then I think HSmith nailed it. The votes are already there.

Hopefully, but with that many faculty it's hard to know for sure. Trying to get a consensus among faculty is like trying to herd cats.
    Paul Fix

Hopefully, but with that many faculty it's hard to know for sure. Trying to get a consensus among faculty is like trying to herd cats.
    But the faculty senate represent the faculty at large. Either the faculty senate sent around a "let's get behind him" or "let's get his behind"; don't know the general consensus of faculty really know/understand the issue behind the vote.
    Last edited by NFH Schlüssel; 10-13-2016 at 04:09 AM. Reason: clarity?
    "You're either green and growing or ripe and dying." - Craig Bohl

I'm going to guess 80/20 or better. Only a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by NFH Schlüssel View Post
    But the faculty senate represent the faculty at large. Either the faculty senate sent around a "let's get behind him" or "let's get his behind"; don't know the general consensus of faculty really know/understand the issue behind the vote.
    I think that the overwhelming majority of faculty know the issues behind the vote. While the Senate represents the faculty in theory, in practice a number go their own way on any given day or issue..
    Paul Fix

I think that the overwhelming majority of faculty know the issues behind the vote.
    I would think most just see it as an "athletics" issue that doesn't pertain to my research/lab/lecture/etc.
    "You're either green and growing or ripe and dying." - Craig Bohl