Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Bresciani

Default Re: Support Bresciani

I didn't see this any where. McFeely sat down with Bresciani for an interview.
    http://www.inforum.com/news/4093505-...he-wont-resign
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Sbohe will review his standing next month?

Is there a scenario where Dr. B is pushed out early with a plucky outside interim President is waiting in the wings?

From a super selfish standpoint I hope timing does not create a distraction for football and the Iowa game.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Sbohe will review his standing next month?

Is there a scenario where Dr. B is pushed out early with a plucky outside interim President is waiting in the wings?

From a super selfish standpoint I hope timing does not create a distraction for football and the Iowa game.
    I see 3 basic scenarios.

1. They get their report, meet, and announce that they will be extending his contract.

2. They meet and announce that they will NOT be renewing his contract when it expires.

3. They meet and make the announcement described in #2 with an additional call for him to resign immediately.

There's also a potential 4th option which would offer some hope. That would be an announcement that no action will be taken at this point and a decision regarding extension will be made at some point in the future. November/December as originally planned.

Certainly more likely than #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the independent investigation include looking into why certain members of the legislature are performing open records requests and subsequently turning that information over to a glorified blogger for a hit piece on the front page of a jilted media outlets newspaper?

This is observation and opinion, but I think it's pretty close.

You've got three factions inside the SBHE right now. Additionally, you've got seven at-large members that matter, a student member, a staff member and a faculty member. The first of the three factions is the anti-DB faction. There are either two or three members on this faction including Nesset. They are linked to the Republican leadership faction that I (and others) despise so much. They are also the group starting to feel their control of the state slipping away. (Berg and Burgum winning nominations over party nominees, Grande losing her seat, beginnings of revolt within their own party, etc.) Like any group in power that feels threatened, they get more aggressive as their backs get closer to the wall.

The second faction is pro-DB. I think their are three to five members on this faction and that may or may not include the staff and/or faculty member(but I doubt it). While this group supports DB, they aren't as vocal or feel as strongly about their position as the first group. If you think of a spectrum from -10(hate DB) to 0(neutral) to +10(love DB), the anti-DB group is a -9/-10, while the pro-DB group is +5/+6.

The final group is basically spineless. They don't want to take a stand either way for a variety of reasons. I suspect the faculty and staff members are part of this group because to be on the wrong side of the final decision could hurt their careers. The at-large members of this group are either scared of what the party leadership can do to them if they vote against, or they just don't want to make an important, difficult decision.

Right now, neither the anti- or pro-DB factions have the votes to win. The spineless group won't vote for something as drastic as a call for resignation without serious proof. The spineless group also won't vote against the leadership faction unless they absolutely have to. So the anti-DB faction can't get the votes to call for DB's resignation or outright contract denial, while the pro-DB faction can't get the votes for a contract extension. Prior to this latest kerfuffle, the spineless group would have probably held out until this fall before eventually voting to extend DB's contract when the decision was forced. The anti-DB faction has been using the time to try to find anything to tip the balance using Port as their mouthpiece, and DB, ML, JJ, Dom & Jeff, and the rest of FCC just gave them ammunition by laying this mess nicely in their lap.

Everything will now hinge on the results of the "independent" audit. If it clearly shows DB in the wrong, the spineless faction will vote for a resignation and the pro-DB faction will have to go along with it. If it comes out fairly strongly in favor of DB, then the spineless faction will vote for a contract extension and the anti-DB faction won't be able to stop it(though they'll vote against it out of spite). If it comes out inconclusive, it could go either way, but I think the spineless faction will be convinced to not extend DB's contract but not call for an immediate resignation.

I'm not entirely convinced this will be a truly independent audit since Hagerott mostly listens to the party leadership and he's the guy choosing the audit agency as well as likely defining the limits of what the audit will look into. The anti- faction is hoping the audit will turn up a smoking gun. The pro- faction is hoping DB has been telling the truth and can prove it. The spineless faction is hoping the audit will clearly say one thing or the other so they don't have to make a decision on their own.

At least that's my read on the situation.

I agree.

Wish I was on the Board.

Would gladly give everyone else piles of sarcastic sh#t to point out the craziness of this situation.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    I agree.

Wish I was on the Board.

Would gladly give everyone else piles of sarcastic sh#t to point out the craziness of this situation.
    Or the craziness that Hagerott that basically gave DB a positive review but the board refused to extend the contract? That certainly seems like an organization that has its shit together.

Port used audio of the interview yesterday, and surprise, twisted Dean's words to fit Rob's agenda.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Port used audio of the interview yesterday, and surprise, twisted Dean's words to fit Rob's agenda.
    I saw that. I tossed a comment at the bottom.

I saw that. I tossed a comment at the bottom.
    I find it ironic when someone does something similar to him, he gets defensive and wants them to have an exact quote him writing it, not something he might or might not have implied.

In this case, Dean was pretty clear that he wasn't going to make a comment whether or not NDSU might use the restrictions in the future no matter how many times McFeely asked him. Instead, Port made it look like Dean was claiming the NDSU might implement in the future, especially in the blog's title.
    Hail the BISON!!!