Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Bresciani

Default Re: Support Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Okay, please give me the summary of any impact this petition is making in the cold white north:

1. Stories on KVRR at 6 and 9

Anything else? And did KVRR ask the Forum to comment on why the ran Portly Blob's story without giving the President a chance share his side of the story?

Further, someone needs to get KVLY to run with this. They love sensational stuff, and what a chance to stick it to a competitor. It make me smile thinking about the Forum saying "no comment" to hard questions that are laid out.
    KVRR had a 60 second report on the Petition to Support Dean Bresciani and Read the line on the Petition page from TIM P ? (the author) about it being a Witch Hunt by Forum Communications

I LOL'd.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Okay, please give me the summary of any impact this petition is making in the cold white north:

1. Stories on KVRR at 6 and 9

Anything else? And did KVRR ask the Forum to comment on why they ran Portly Blob's story without giving the President a chance share his side of the story?

Further, someone needs to get KVLY to run with this. They love sensational stuff, and what a chance to stick it to a competitor. It make me smile thinking about the Forum saying "no comment" to hard questions that are laid out.
    I posted on VNL's Facebook asking for them to blow the whistle on this whole thing.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    I'm guessing you are just playing devil's advocate and have for the whole time, but I will play once again. He pulled them to see if he lied. What he lied about was of no concern. At least that would be his justification if he was forced to justify.
    Not really Devil's advocate, but more to MAKBison's point. Should a legislator be using that power for that purpose. I am not sure that level of micromanagement (over a department that really isn't even in that branch of government) is healthy for the government. He was obviously looking for a "Gotcha" moment, but I am not sure the level of this warrants a literal legislative investigation.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I assume we are talking about Rosco here................

Ok, but why did he give the emails to Port. It seems to me a reputably legislature might pull someones email's so they could discern if they lied. Ok that seems reasonable. But what RS did after is not reasonable or in my mind ethical. One would think if RS found deceit, he would then take action through the legislation means available to him as a legislature. However, that is not what RS did. Instead, RS looked to see of DB lied and instead of taking action through the legislative process he sent the emails to a ANTI NDSU blogger so he could dig through them and use them to substantiate the blobbers agenda. I assume this action was done because there was nothing in the emails to act on.
    Look at those two. They were sitting at DQ and well, that's all you need to know.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

I'm not gonna lie. The fact that this thing isn't even to 600 yet after 2+ days and running on the news is a little disconcerting. That's telling me there are way more people who don't care/aren't paying attention than even I thought. I thought this would easily be over a couple k by now.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. The fact that this thing isn't even to 600 yet after 2+ days and running on the news is a little disconcerting. That's telling me there are way more people who don't care/aren't paying attention than even I thought. I thought this would easily be over a couple k by now.
    A lot of people don't really care about this kind of thing. I would say it's probably bounced around the BV crowd a little bit but hasn't really been opened to the general public. Of course having the paper of record in Fargo and ND wholeheartedly against it is a factor.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I assume we are talking about Rosco here................

Ok, but why did he give the emails to Port. It seems to me a reputably legislature might pull someones email's so they could discern if they lied. Ok that seems reasonable. But what RS did after is not reasonable or in my mind ethical. One would think if RS found deceit, he would then take action through the legislation means available to him as a legislature. However, that is not what RS did. Instead, RS looked to see of DB lied and instead of taking action through the legislative process he sent the emails to a ANTI NDSU blogger so he could dig through them and use them to substantiate the blobbers agenda. I assume this action was done because there was nothing in the emails to act on.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the actions, just saying what the response would be. JMB seems to like the "isn't this a bigger story" arguments. Just like when he tried to make it a freedom of speech issue.

two days in the summer with many things going on....should not be a surprise IMO

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    He did give him a chance to share his side of the story and his office declined comment, referring them to one of press releases. He had has chance and declined to take the offer.
    So, Portly Blob runs a story where he is clearly leading the reader to the conclusion he wants. Further, the guy is not a professional journalist with no formal training, so you have no idea how he portrayed the information to NDSU. Then, the article causes a sensation; and the editorial board immediately calls for his head. Don't you think after think after the article another chance should have been given before asking for his head on a platter? Particularly in light of what we know now that is a very plausible explanation? Which even explains why the PR office directed him to the previous statement?

It all smells so bad, if you can't see that, you are blind.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've seen it more on Facebook today so we will see if today is the springboard day.