Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
As much as I don't want him to leave, it's hard to argue with that. Why stay here when the sbohe clearly doesn't want him here.

I agree, Bresciani has done an incredible job. I think the local media just has always been obsessed with all things NDSU and since he is the head of it, he is someone people are fascinated with it. Unfortunately, they also have sold newspapers off the back of NDSU/Bresciani and before him, Chapman. Remember he has been here over 6-1/2 years and if he gets this job, it will probably be along the lines of closer to 7 years. He started in June of 2010. I think the average tenure of a university president is along that time frame. My gut feeling is he will not get this job, however. Not sure why, just my feeling. Something will come up down the road, however. I find it absolutely disingenous that the SBoHE would think he would want to retire here, especially after the way they and the media treated him. I admire him for toughing it out as long as he did. We have benefitted imensely from his time here.