Page 66 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Bresciani

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Support Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    I'm looking forward to Burgum making good on his lean government philosophy by shutting down Valley City State, Mayville State, and whatever they call the school in Bottineau this week, and redirecting 40% of all state higher ed spending to NDSU.
    God himself couldn't pull this one off

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    This is how I see it. NDSU doesn't need special favors. It will be a help if he wards off the attempts by legislators and other state employees and such that are trying to do damage to NDSU

Only a pathetic state would want to damage an entity that has brought so much honor to this state.

At the very least, for GOD SAKE, Dunbar has to be funded. If they cannot find a way to make it happen, there is no hope for this state.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1952 View Post
    Only a pathetic state would want to damage an entity that has brought so much honor to this state.

At the very least, for GOD SAKE, Dunbar has to be funded. If they cannot find a way to make it happen, there is no hope for this state.
    Louisiana just about shut down LSU a couple of years ago. Not good company to be keeping.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Ugh, I need help. I spent an entire hour of my life arguing with the Portly one how a university should be run to uphold academic autonomy. I need a shower.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dude. I don't think there are many legislatures who agree with academic autonomy.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Dude. I don't think there are many legislatures who agree with academic autonomy.
    Yeah, that's not really their call.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yeah, that's not really their call.
    It may not be their call, but I have had a first-hand experience with ND legislators interfering with academic freedom.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    It may not be their call, but I have had a first-hand experience with ND legislators interfering with academic freedom.
    Right and they're going to fuck themselves out of accreditation someday and then where will their precious university system be?

Power hungry idiots may not care what happens afterwards but some of us who value our degrees do.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Think he interviewed yesterday. Any news?

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    Think he interviewed yesterday. Any news?
    Yes. He is scheduled to interview January 12th. I believe he is the first one to interview from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. and then the others follow with them wrapping around early next week. I found this on a web site and unfortunately I am clueless on how to post these things here. So probably no news until next week. I am sure it will be Breaking News on the Forum when the news breaks whatever it may be.