Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Bresciani

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Support Bresciani

I hate to quote that rag but given this news I will. This is the key to his comments. If he felt he was being supported I don't think he'd be looking elsewhere. Can't blame him for looking. It's like giving those asshats in Bismarck the middle finger.

"Last June, after the higher education board delayed Bresciani’s contract extension, he was asked how much longer he would stay at NDSU by Forum columnist Mike McFeely, who noted the average tenure of an American university president is about seven years.

“That’s a very good question,” Bresciani said. “I am very enthusiastic about what we’re doing here. That’s the ultimate reward for any university president and as long as we’re being successful and being supported in being successful, that doesn’t motivate me to move.”

But, when asked if he got offers from other places, Bresciani answered, “Constantly.” Elaborating, Bresciani said he would be “crazy to say no” if another opportunity came along, but added, “I’m passionate about what we’re doing and what we’re contributing to the people that we serve.”

Ohio University reported total enrollment last fall of 40,025 and is rated as a research university with high activity by Carnegie, and was in the top 3 percent of higher education institutions globally as rated by the Center for World University Rankings, according to the university’s website.

I don't blame him one bit...The politicians and SBOHE treat him like a second-rate president. I figured this would happen sooner or later.

Plus now him and Saul can reunite, lol.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Good for the President, but the result for NDSU will not be good. SHBE will make sure we are pulled back into the pack.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Good for the President, but the result for NDSU will not be good. SHBE will make sure we are pulled back into the pack.
    That's exactly what they are after.

I wont encourage anyone to read this but, the SBoHE is sure trying too hard to sound like they like DB.
    It wont work.
    Isnt Ohio University where Saul is? (Yes he is-looked it up)

http://www.inforum.com/news/4192815-...IqR9jA.twitter
    Last edited by StL Bison Fan; 01-05-2017 at 02:38 PM.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The SBOHE and the Legislature will like only one type of president: a native North Dakotan who is "like them" and who can be pushed around by these two groups. Free thinking and initiative are vulgar terms to them. Hopefully Gov. Burgum can start a change in Bismarck.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    This 100000000000000000000% The SBOHE and many in the legislature don't want strong leaders they want followers who march to the beat of their drum. People like Brescani that are coveted elsewhere in this ass backwards state try to get rid of them or at least those who are threatened by strong individuals who are strong and actually have an opinion an stand up for themselves.
    Government related positions are not exclusive to having this problem. It is rampant in the private sector with very few true leaders, innovators, motivators and visionaries. Positions at the top want to dictate exactly how things are to be done, and the directors, managers and supervisors are more than willing to comply. Essentially, those in command are far removed from what is actually going on when bad decisions and policies are pursued, and those below them fear for suggesting doing things differently.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From afar (but with intimate knowledge of higher education administration), I think DB has done an admirable job of navigating treacherous waters for this long. The NDSU (and UND) presidency is tough...advocate ceaselessly for your campus, but don't be thinking that you're any better than anybody else. Maybe ex-Gov Ed will be hired by the NDSU haters to come in and do it their way, after all, he's now an experienced higher education leader.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Maybe ex-Gov Ed will be hired by the NDSU haters to come in and do it their way, after all, he's now an experienced higher education leader.
    I have been thinking about this all morning.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Can't help but think that behind the scenes the pro UND legislature (dickheads) and members of SBOHE (asshats) are giggling with joy at the mess they have created. It is amazing how the power hungry are tearing down society in order to get their way. Bresciani would have eventually left (because he is that good), but they just accelerated it by 4 or 5 years.