Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Playoffs becoming less regionalized

Default Re: 2016 Playoffs becoming less regionalized

With 10 autobids and 14 at-large teams, it would be nice to have no more than three teams from one conference on the same side of the bracket. I doubt any conference will ever get 7 teams in.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    With 10 autobids and 14 at-large teams, it would be nice to have no more than three teams from one conference on the same side of the bracket. I doubt any conference will ever get 7 teams in.
    That's exactly what was stated in article, not?: "...to avoid placing four or more teams from one conference in the same side of the bracket."
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They only thing they have to do is avoid conference matchups in the 1st and 2nd round and everything is solved. The NFL always used to do this with wildcard teams so it's not a difficult concept. Adding one flight will change basically nothing.

I've been looking at this a little bit and I think it may help more than I initially though. It's still no substitute for a truly national tournament and more sensible seeding but it's not nothing.

For example: Last year they could have 1) switched UNI/E Ill with UNH/Colgate with out adding a flight. Down to 4 MVFC in the bottom half 2) They could have avoided the UNH/Colgate non-conference rematch without adding a flight by switching Colgate and Fordham. 3) They could have moved SDSU out for Colgate which would have added 1 flight but gotten to the goal of no more than 3 from a conference per side.

So it could solve the problems that they actually identified, which is a start. Of course if they'd have gotten the seeding right they wouldn't have had 5 MVFC teams in the same half to begin with.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie