Page 82 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Default Re: Kolack and Izzo can't like this

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    You understand nothing about having a platform. This website as a platform vs what he has are two different things. Something you obviously don't know squat about. Also if it was no big deal why did they make it out to be such a big deal?
    Because they were being petty. Just like Kolpack was petty with some of the accusations he was throwing out Friday night. Just like McFeely was being petty with his sarcastic column over the weekend. Just like Rob Port is being petty right now about the Bresciani led reversal.

There's a difference between disagreeing with the restrictions NDSU had put in place and being lapdogs of Forum Comm/WDAY. I'm not going to defend any of those guys who acted like clowns over the weekend or are currently acting like clowns. In the end if I'm going to listen to Bison games I'll tune to 107.9 FM and when I want to watch Bison games I'll tune to KVLY/Midco because those are the exclusive broadcast rights holders in my area. I'm happy that they're not restricting coverage so I can get coverage from WDAY, the Forum, VNL, Bison1660, the Bison Media Blog, and whoever else decides to devote resources to covering Bison athletics. If I want restricted media I'll move to Russia.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Spot on. Dom and Jeff did a great job but it wasn't out of the goodness of their hearts. They work for WDAY/forum communications. WDAY and forum communications made $ off this. I don't give a flying turd how much it was the fact is they made $ and their employer was to damned cheap to make a decent bid to get the contract. Now Jeff (not Dom) through a fit like a spoiled child and his true colors showed. I have zero respect for him and the fact he has "history" or his family did makes no difference. My god if this shit was pulled in any other industry or business like JK did here he'd be the laughing stock of the industry. He still should be here but many of you will lick his boots because he has "History" on his side? What a joke.
    Your description of NDSU's actions and motivations is exactly why people are annoyed. If it's the case, NDSU was petty, shortsighted and acting very much like a spoiled child itself.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Because they were being petty. Just like Kolpack was petty with some of the accusations he was throwing out Friday night. Just like McFeely was being petty with his sarcastic column over the weekend. Just like Rob Port is being petty right now about the Bresciani led reversal.

There's a difference between disagreeing with the restrictions NDSU had put in place and being lapdogs of Forum Comm/WDAY. I'm not going to defend any of those guys who acted like clowns over the weekend or are currently acting like clowns. In the end if I'm going to listen to Bison games I'll tune to 107.9 FM and when I want to watch Bison games I'll tune to KVLY/Midco because those are the exclusive broadcast rights holders in my area. I'm happy that they're not restricting coverage so I can get coverage from WDAY, the Forum, VNL, Bison1660, the Bison Media Blog, and whoever else decides to devote resources to covering Bison athletics. If I want restricted media I'll move to Russia.
    Well you got your wish. The forum and McFooley are at it again. Back to the same old same old. Bash NDSU at every opportunity. Here's McFooley's latest salvo

"he mighty North Dakota State athletic program has its tail between its legs today after being forced to rescind asinine new media guidelines that would’ve restricted the way some outlets cover the football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball teams."

He doesn't stop there.

"Many of the restrictions were pointed directly at 970 WDAY, 740 The Fan, The Flag and KFGO — local radio stations that often cover NDSU. Ingstad and Odney, in an attempt to protect their new radio station, wanted to limit access so fans would have to turn to 1660 for Bison content. Larsen either didn’t understand the implications of what Ingstad and Odney wanted, or was fine with it. Either way, he let himself and a state university be led around by the nose by Ingstad and Odney."

Being led around by the nose? Isn't that what he and his friend JK did by contacting their media buddies in the cities and sending this to deadspin?

Yeah stay classy McFooly and the foolum. You guys who thought this was over.....enjoy the continued attention the media whores JK and McFooley are going to give it.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Your description of NDSU's actions and motivations is exactly why people are annoyed. If it's the case, NDSU was petty, shortsighted and acting very much like a spoiled child itself.
    So it's ok that WDAY, The Forum or anyone else who wants can make money off NDSU but for NDSU to want to build it's Media contract to be of value they are in the wrong? I don't get that kind of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    i lost a ton of respect for Jeff K

hes int he business and should damn well understand protecting rights....wonder if he has anything keeping him protected in his new book...
    Id laugh if he does.

Well you got your wish. The forum and McFooley are at it again. Back to the same old same old. Bash NDSU at every opportunity. Here's McFooley's latest salvo

"he mighty North Dakota State athletic program has its tail between its legs today after being forced to rescind asinine new media guidelines that would’ve restricted the way some outlets cover the football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball teams."

He doesn't stop there.

"Many of the restrictions were pointed directly at 970 WDAY, 740 The Fan, The Flag and KFGO — local radio stations that often cover NDSU. Ingstad and Odney, in an attempt to protect their new radio station, wanted to limit access so fans would have to turn to 1660 for Bison content. Larsen either didn’t understand the implications of what Ingstad and Odney wanted, or was fine with it. Either way, he let himself and a state university be led around by the nose by Ingstad and Odney."

Being led around by the nose? Isn't that what he and his friend JK did by contacting their media buddies in the cities and sending this to deadspin?

Yeah stay classy McFooly and the foolum. You guys who thought this was over.....enjoy the continued attention the media whores JK and McFooley are going to give it.
    As some wise man once said "Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty but the pig will enjoy it."

Let the fools at Forum Comm think of this as some great victory for themselves. Put more effort into delivering a great product on Bison 1660, which is off to a great start IMO, rather than coming up with new media coverage restrictions and the oinking from the Forum building will get quieter and quieter.

So it's ok that WDAY, The Forum or anyone else who wants can make money off NDSU but for NDSU to want to build it's Media contract to be of value they are in the wrong? I don't get that kind of thinking.

Should not all of those items been in the media contract that was bid on earlier so everyone knew exactly what they were getting and exactly what they were losing by not getting the contract???

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Should not all of those items been in the media contract that was bid on earlier so everyone knew exactly what they were getting and exactly what they were losing by not getting the contract???
    Do we know they weren't?

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Do we know they weren't?
    If they were why did they give a press release of the policy on a Friday hoping everyone would forget about it?
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    That doesn't answer the question. Why is it not ok for NDSU to build the value in their media contract yet it's ok for anyone else to do whatever they can/need to in order to make money?

Yes to answer your question (I haven't seen the RFP) so i'm going to go under the assumption it wasn't there and say yes absolutely it should have been. Now question back to you. In your opinion do you think it would have made any difference in what WDAY/Forum Communications would have bid? I highly doubt it. If they valued the contract they clearly would have made a reasonable bid. From the reports Ive seen their bid reflected their view of the value of the contract. Their bid was from reported accounts low, very low. For someone who based on their reaction to this feels the value is more than their bid reflected it seems awfully stupid to lowball something you now view as value. Clearly their employees see it as a value or they wouldn't have made such a stink about it.