Page 29 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Default Re: Kolack and Izzo can't like this

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    So JJ says most schools are doing this. The Deadspin article emphasizes that's absolutely not true. I'd like to see some facts to show where the truth lies. Do any other FCS schools do this? How many FBS do? I'll wait for some more info, but it sure seems like we are in the minority here.
    I remember there being at least two Ohio State pregame shows when I lived in Columbus.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Dom and Jeff are going to kill despite this BS. They are pretty much all I follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I remember there being at least two Ohio State pregame shows when I lived in Columbus.
    Dom and Jeff can still do a pregame show, no?

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Couple comments:
    1 The debate most people are having is where does exclusive rights end. The TV and Radio broadcasts of the live game are obvious, but what else and how far does it go?
    2 Does GoBison need to be shut down because KVLY has the rights?
    3 I think this will have a very minor impact on Jeff and Dom and the media blog. They can still do pre and post games from the bar across the street and do almost everything else they are currently doing except the live blog during the game. They can likely still send tweets of the scores during the game as well. Only the head coaches are off limits.
    4 Time to move on and relax and nothing really to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Dom and Jeff can still do a pregame show, no?
    They can and I hope it's from H&H or BWW or Labby's (is that still there?). They will still be good and nobody will care about this.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    They can and I hope it's from H&H or BWW or Labby's (is that still there?). They will still be good and nobody will care about this.
    Labbys better still be there! They usually do one or 2 shows a year from there anyways. Just going to suck with the turf gone and half the bar closed for the show. Guess I'll have to come find you in the tailgate lot and talk politics.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    So JJ says most schools are doing this. The Deadspin article emphasizes that's absolutely not true. I'd like to see some facts to show where the truth lies. Do any other FCS schools do this? How many FBS do? I'll wait for some more info, but it sure seems like we are in the minority here.
    First off you are trusting deadspin? That whole article was false. There is no media outlet being banned as they state.

Can you provide me with examples of other schools that allow the type access The Forum feels they deserved? Is there a media outlet in Austin that does a pregame show on Texas campus or a highlight show that has no restrictions on how many highlights they can show? How about in Eugene? How about Minneapolis? I'm not versed in FBS programs so maybe someone can give me examples of other schools that allow what The Forum wants. And if you do, I will bet good money that policy will change in then next few years to mirror what NDSU and other schools are doing.

I worked for the ABC station in Vegas and since we were not the UNLV station we had restrictions. We didnt get one on ones with the head coach for basketball. But we had plenty of chances to speak with him after practice and at press conferences. It would have been absurd if we would have requested to do a pre game show from the parking lot or have a nightly 30 minute show with as many highlights to show as our hearts desired. We couldnt take press conferences live without permission from the SID.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    First off you are trusting deadspin? That whole article was false. There is no media outlet being banned as they state.

Can you provide me with examples of other schools that allow the type access The Forum feels they deserved? Is there a media outlet in Austin that does a pregame show on Texas campus or a highlight show that has no restrictions on how many highlights they can show? How about in Eugene? How about Minneapolis? I'm not versed in FBS programs so maybe someone can give me examples of other schools that allow what The Forum wants. And if you do, I will bet good money that policy will change in then next few years to mirror what NDSU and other schools are doing.

I worked for the ABC station in Vegas and since we were not the UNLV station we had restrictions. We didnt get one on ones with the head coach for basketball. But we had plenty of chances to speak with him after practice and at press conferences. It would have been absurd if we would have requested to do a pre game show from the parking lot or have a nightly 30 minute show with as many highlights to show as our hearts desired. We couldnt take press conferences live without permission from the SID.
    I said it once, I'll say it again. Every single person that has posted on here that works directly for and or has worked for media in the past has said this is no big deal and is common. Weird.....sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Couple comments:
    1 The debate most people are having is where does exclusive rights end. The TV and Radio broadcasts of the live game are obvious, but what else and how far does it go?
    2 Does GoBison need to be shut down because KVLY has the rights?
    3 I think this will have a very minor impact on Jeff and Dom and the media blog. They can still do pre and post games from the bar across the street and do almost everything else they are currently doing except the live blog during the game. They can likely still send tweets of the scores during the game as well. Only the head coaches are off limits.
    4 Time to move on and relax and nothing really to see here.
    I think people are over thinking this. Ndsu grants permission. Not KVLY or 1660. Ndsu will do what's in the best interest of NDSU athletics including giving ESPN permission. All that is needed is a thumbs up from Jeremy Jorgenson

Actually ESPN 3 already has rights to broadcast our stuff
    Last edited by HerdBot; 07-31-2016 at 07:40 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I said it once, I'll say it again. Every single person that has posted on here that works directly for and or has worked for media in the past has said this is no big deal and is common. Weird.....sarcastic
    The restrictions on the social media aspects is fairly new but far from absurd. it's a new media and it takes awhile to adjust and regulate. This will be the standard for nearly all schools in a few years