Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Default Re: Kolack and Izzo can't like this

Pretty sure they can't stop a pre-game show from being held in the FFD since it's city owned property. What does their lease agreement state about this? Does NDSU get to fully control the facility on gameday?

Quote Originally Posted by DBRJake View Post
    Hope not, halftime is when I grill more. Better to watch that than the dumpster fire NBC puts on at half.
    But seriously, this sucks. Muted TV + radio broadcast + live blog is a fun way to watch Bison football when you can't be there in person.
    I'm worried about radio...it's hard to replace a legend.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Pretty sure they can't stop a pre-game show from being held in the FFD since it's city owned property. What does their lease agreement state about this? Does NDSU get to fully control the facility on gameday?
    I thought NDSU owned the property and the city owned the dome? Even if that is not true (ownership), I am pretty sure NDSU can prevent them from doing shows from the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I'm worried about radio...it's hard to replace a legend.
    Impossible to replace, just gotta hope the new guy carries the torch

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    I'm no lawyer, but how do this work legally? Since the City owns the Dome, can NDSU restrict media access like that on public grounds? Also if you "won't be allowed to do live play by play blogging of the game" is a Bisonville GD thread really that much different than the Media Blog thread? This stinks.
    Well you gotta remember who put out the article. I am sure it is slanted to cause as much uproar as possible. But, BV might have to get written permission....comes with managing this type of media!

I dont know how media contacts work. But this just does seem right. To deny media who dont have contracts with NDSU from interviewing players and coaches will just give the school less exposure. Not a good move IMO.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

That article isn't slanted at all. Just states the facts. And I was half joking about them restricting BV, but who knows. Never thought they would essentially black ball NDSU's biggest media supporters either...

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    I'm a UND fan but this is a horrible idea by NDSU. I appreciated the BMB info as I like to know how the Bison are doing (and hoping they lose )

NDSU football is big in Fargo and even ND but never so big this statement is true

"We've grown so much that we need to protect our brand."

Please let me know when Alabama, Notre Dame and any other school has too big of a brand to allow decent pre, in and post game content.
    UND fan thinks it's a horrible idea. Therefore I think it's a great idea.

How can they stop some one from blogging? That's not even possible is it?

Where's our legal expert???? CAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I would assume NDSU has control during games, just like practice.