Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 1,311 to 1,319 of 1319

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Default Re: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I'm married so all my arguments are weak.*
    WHAT ?!?!

The tailgate girl in the furry yellow coat told me that you were ghey and single.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    A lot of words that say nothing.

FCC was never going to stop covering football. It was never hinted at.

Kolpack hinted that he probably wouldn't go to non-revenue events because nobody really cares. That's true and NDSU does depend on print media for something there. Find stories not written by FCC employees. It's hard.

DB caved to get out of the line of fire because he didn't have cards to play and he had a much bigger battle to fight. We'll see in a couple months if he dodged a bullet. I hope he did.

Both Ingstad and Marcil are sleaze just out of the primordial ooze. It's a characteristic of the industry. Choosing one over the other is not really a choice. NDSU is making a mistake if they continue to immerse themselves deeper into that. I'm afraid they might have went too far. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was an empty threat. The worst nightmare for the forum is having someone find out they can learn how to use a computer to get their obscure content online from sources like gobison if the forum doesn't carry it. Then they start finding out other news is actually covered, as well. The final step is cancelling subscriptions because not only can they find the same content, they can get their coupons delivered to their email. Every day people are leaving newspapers for alternate content and there are sources willing to fill the voids when the gaps arise. There is nothing NDSU needs the forum for except avoiding a fight until people catch up. NDSU made the right move stepping back and letting FCC dig their own hole because that is what they have been doing since then. They will again. People are realizing they are not reporting the news, they are creating news. This is not the time to fight them but that time will come.

Is there a link or PDF for the FCC proposal?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Is there a link or PDF for the FCC proposal?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    its linked on here a few times ....just need to go back and look

Seems like the fcc's is pouting again..... lack of ndsu homecoming coverage. Damn the fan, it's their way or no way. Cass county needs to find a new paper of record....need to bring that up to my commissioner.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Seems like the fcc's is pouting again..... lack of ndsu homecoming coverage. Damn the fan, it's their way or no way. Cass county needs to find a new paper of record....need to bring that up to my commissioner.
    Funny that Jeff was at the bookstore yesterday signing books.

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Funny that Jeff was at the bookstore yesterday signing books.
    Chea, can't write features when you're busy signing autographs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    The Fargo Forum needs NDSU more than NDSU needs the Forum. NDSU more than any other Fargo-Moorhead or state-wide university, garners the interest of people, whether fans or not. Love, hate or envy us, people LOVE to read about NDSU. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1952 View Post
    The Fargo Forum needs NDSU more than NDSU needs the Forum. NDSU more than any other Fargo-Moorhead or state-wide university, garners the interest of people, whether fans or not. Love, hate or envy us, people LOVE to read about NDSU. Trust me.

And some grammar lessons:

We hear of people "not liking NDSU" or "NDSU haters." More specifically, plain and simple. INSTEAD, They "envy NDSU."

Furthermore, we also hear of some being "jealous" of NDSU. Not possible to be jealous of NDSU if you live in the Fargo-Moorhead or state of North Dakota. Why? Because "envy" is a reaction to lacking something. Jealousy is a reaction to the THREAT of losing something. Since NO ONE in the F-M region or state of North Dakota has ever won 5 straight or had such a terrific athletic program, D2 or D1/FCS, had such a great research component and such incredible and far-reaching national and in some cases international acclaim, then it is envy, NOT jealousy.

I have been around the block a few times, run into people. Comments from people from other local/statewide university people. "I am sick of you NDSU guys winning so much." "Always in the news." "They don't cover other schools as much. All I hear is NDSU, NDSU. Go to the grocery store and then there is that Bison Illustrated. Can't escape it, they say." "I go into stores, all I see is NDSU gear and gizmos." That is ENVY, not hatred (although it could and probably has morphed into hatred, I suppose, just not jealousy.

What would people have us do, start losing games so we can be "popular." Leave D1/D1-FCS and go to D2 again so they can "like us." You cannot win for losing around this state and region.