Page 122 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1319

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Default Re: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

It's been a station for what, a month? Let it grow. I'm sure the idea is to syndicate to other stations much the same way KFAN does, but let them grow a little bit. This is a long play, not a short one for a money grab.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

People will hear about it at the games they had a blurb about 1660 on Saturday. So it'll get out there. Like EZ said this is with an eye to the future not going for the gold coin on the ground but the put of gold that lays waiting at the end of the rainbow bridge.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    The fans are ones who are getting the shaft in this one, and in the long term NDSU is losing exposure IMO. I live out in SC ND and 1660 is totally non-existent in my part of the state, however, 740 comes in loud and clear. Funny thing though, since this whole media fiasco, The Fan says nary a word of the Bison and are constantly pimping the Sioux. Outside of the actual game coverage, the Bismarck radio stations don't even acknowledge that NDSU has a football team. So, the Bison are getting virtually no daily radio coverage outside of the valley. Does that sound like a good thing for Bison athletics. As a Bison fan and alumni, I think the our statewide exposure has taken a major step backward and I don't like it.
    Do you get any of the channels located in the lower left hand side of this webpage? http://www.bison1660.com/the-games
    Hail the BISON!!!

The fans are ones who are getting the shaft in this one, and in the long term NDSU is losing exposure IMO. I live out in SC ND and 1660 is totally non-existent in my part of the state, however, 740 comes in loud and clear. Funny thing though, since this whole media fiasco, The Fan says nary a word of the Bison and are constantly pimping the Sioux. Outside of the actual game coverage, the Bismarck radio stations don't even acknowledge that NDSU has a football team. So, the Bison are getting virtually no daily radio coverage outside of the valley. Does that sound like a good thing for Bison athletics. As a Bison fan and alumni, I think the our statewide exposure has taken a major step backward and I don't like it.
    You clearly use the internet to get your content from WDAY, if that's what you're saying. You can get 1660 there.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not saying NDSU screwed up, just saying that all the other media outlets in FM that actually have a decent signal are boycotting the Bison which leaves a huge hole in daily statewide coverage. In other words, I hear very little, if anything at all, about the Bison during the week. I don't think that is good for the university, and its athletic programs, in the long term.
    How much were these stations pimping the Bison during the week before the move to 1660? I get that a little is still more than zero, but Jack's show was a terrible attempt at covering the Bison. McFeely covered a little while on KFGO, but once he left, there wasn't any (positive) coverage there. WDAY still covers NDSU, but I will admit any positive coverage is pretty much just Kolpack and Izzo now.

Looks to me like they haven't lost much support and gained a station with dedicated access to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    It's been a station for what, a month? Let it grow. I'm sure the idea is to syndicate to other stations much the same way KFAN does, but let them grow a little bit. This is a long play, not a short one for a money grab.
    Bingo; I'd sure thing syndication has to be the goal. Just need someone like KFYR to play ball.

What did KFAN do for NDSU? A hour show by Jack "Talk to much about himself" That was it. And they didn't even talk NDSU that much.

740 the fan was small potatoes, NDSU could get that back and much more with a KFAN like setup.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

That's great, but one would have to know that 1660 the radio station actually exists. Hardly anyone outside of FM knows about 1660, furthermore, only diehard Bisonviller's are going to jump through the hoops to download an app to listen to a Bison radio station. The average rube is going to pass on this one.

Not saying NDSU screwed up, just saying that all the other media outlets in FM that actually have a decent signal are boycotting the Bison which leaves a huge hole in daily statewide coverage. In other words, I hear very little, if anything at all, about the Bison during the week. I don't think that is good for the university, and its athletic programs, in the long term.
    Nobody knew what ESPN3 was at first. Now everyone does. Ndsu has a great radio partner in Radio FM Media, a huge radio network covering virtually all of ND and Minnesota, espn3, statewide NBC coverage, and a huge social media platform. Through cross promotion, everyone will eventually know the station.

Bison 1660 is everywhere. Live. Streamed live online. Mobile app. Soundcloud.

I'll gladly trade in a few hours of mediocre coverage per month from 740 for 80 hours per month on Bison 1660 plus another 8 hours of coaches shows. On top of that, The rest of our sports get coverage which have never gotten coverage before like Volleyball, Softball, Baseball, and wrestling.

Not to mention, our flagship is on the Fox which is the #1 station in Fargo and we get 30 flipping percent of all gross radio ads. That money goes straight to our athletic department for things like recruiting, scholarships, travel etc.

I would encourage every Bison fan to spread the word. It's in our best interest to see the station do well

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

MM taking some not-so-veiled shots at the Sioux-Backin’ Bison Bashers we all know so well …

http://www.inforum.com/news/4105734-...ouve-heard-one