Page 38 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Default Re: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Barreiro talking about it live right now.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Is KLVY or 1660 going to start live blogging the games now that the others who were previously providing that service will be prohibited?

Also the KVLY pregame show better improve their production as their competition now faces greater restrictions. Although I highly doubt it improves to anything close to the level of being watchable with their current cast.
    They don't have to now, they paid the money.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Is KLVY or 1660 going to start live blogging the games now that the others who were previously providing that service will be prohibited?

Also the KVLY pregame show better improve their production as their competition now faces greater restrictions. Although I highly doubt it improves to anything close to the level of being watchable with their current cast.
    No one is stopping anyone from live blogging during a game. This is specifically addressed in the link I just provided.

Blogs and social media posts are permitted during any Event, provided such posts do not produce a real-time description of the Event (i.e., any simulation or display of any kind that replicates or constitutes play-by-play of a material portion of an Event). Periodic updates of scores, statistics, or other brief descriptions of the Event are permitted. If NDSU deems the Bearer is producing a real-time description of the Event, NDSU reserves all actions against the Bearer including, but not limited to, revocation of the credential.
    Okay:
    Stick with a beautiful 50 yard pass on third down.

Not okay:
    Fraiser with a short 2 yard gain on 1st down.
    On second down, Stick gets 4 yards on a keeper.
    Third down - Stick slings it 50 yards downfield.

Jeff and McFeeley need to stfu and quit bitching. Its It's getting old and its only been a day. Barrario is now leading off with it.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Jeff and McFeeley need to stfu and quit bitching. Its It's getting old and its only been a day. Barrario is now leading off with it.
    all they are doing is retweeting people who support them. Which is a lot.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

After about a day to think about it, I'm still not sure what to think.

I don't like the negative publicity created by Forum Comm which has expanded nationally. On the other hand, NDSU dumped this information on a Friday, probably knowing there would be a shit storm of a reaction.

I do think think decision will ultimately put the final nail in the coffin of DB.

It's a shitty overall situation IMO.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    all they are doing is retweeting people who support them. Which is a lot.
    most of those supporters haven't bothered to read the document released by NDSU that basically says they can still do everything they were doing, they just have to do it across the street before the gameand they can't PBP on their blog during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    most of those supporters haven't bothered to read the document released by NDSU that basically says they can still do everything they were doing, they just have to do it across the street before the gameand they can't PBP on their blog during the game.
    I read it. It's uncompelling. KVLY does nothing, NOTHING to connect with the fans. That's why nobody likes them.

To say they get all this for free is stupid, they work harder to get these stories than anyone. Beth probably puts as many hours in just because she can't keep her questions under a page.

Chris Berg shows up 15 minutes before show time, practices "take it to the house" a few times in a mirror and goes.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    From NDSU's perspective, they can't ever make this about Dom and Jeff so a courtesy heads up would have made it about Dom and Jeff, regardless if they are the most impacted by these guidelines. The guidelines reinforce the protections the existing contracts should afford. If you announce a guideline and then a future date of enforcement, the message is now you know the present contracts should offer these conditions but we are knowingly going to ignore them so everyone else can catch up, meanwhile the supposed beneficiary of the contracts have to suck it up. Entities were bidding on exclusivity and should have known this day would come.
    I disagree with the part in bold. You keep talking that the Athletic Department is a business, and every good business person knows that business is about relationships. That should not cloud decision making. These restrictions are very specific, at this point, to Dom & Jeff. I believe the athletic department should've given them the professional courtesy to bring them in for a meeting and explain the restrictions. It would've saved the Athletic Department a lot of headaches and having to release a statement on a Saturday. Rather, they dumped it in a mass email on a Friday.
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

Dan B having a field day with this.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!