Page 17 of 132 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Uh oh, now you did it. You're gonna get THEsocalledfan all fired up again...
    I'm assuming no...and assuming this has been talked about a few times on here, sorry I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I'm assuming no...and assuming this has been talked about a few times on here, sorry I missed it.
    Sorry, forgot to add to it. If I'm not mistaken, they DO have podcasts you can hear on a computer, but not on a smartphone. Check the "Podcasts" thread for details. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Default Re: Kolack and Izzo can't like this

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm very unfamiliar with how the deals work, but it feels like NDSU thinks they are more big time than they really are.
    You sound like a UND fan

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Like a lot of you, I have moved quite a few times over the last 15 years and Bison football tradition to me was Scotty on game days with Kolpack and Izzo getting me through game week and pregame. Now that I am back in NoDak and live in BFE western ND, Kolpack and Izzo are still my only source for Bison sports info. The loss of Scotty double this up. We get zero local coverage, get scratchy football games with coverage that starts 15 before kickoff and ends about 15 after. That's it for Bison sports coverage. No basketball games, everything I get comes from Kolpack and Izzo. So guess what, as silly as it sounds, those 2 guys are Bison athletics for me, it's now a family thing. F the new guy who's replacing Scotty and F The Griz transplant behind this. #rant over

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really understand all of the uproar. The only things that I can think of that really affect Kolpack/Izzo would be live tweeting the game and not being able to host pre/post-game show from NDSU grounds. Both seem like minor inconveniences. Forum Comm. has been getting a free ride on the NDSU money train for a while now. NDSU athletics is a different animal than other schools around here. IMO If Forum Comm. wants to play, they need to pay...
    They can still do their shows, just not on NDSU grounds

So what assures us Jeremy Jorgensen is good enough to demand improvement by KVLY? Why would KVLY sink more money into their efforts if they already have an exclusive contract for 3 more years? In the big boy world of sports this works because of higher level of expertise, huge $$ invested and competition in bidding for exclusive rights. KVLY was dropped a big bonus gift since these rules by NDSU were decided after they got the contract. To me it looks like someone inside is buttering the bread for one of their buddies who runs KVLY. This deal stinks all the way around and is so disrespectful to fans and the guys who helped build up popularity of this program. Just like with tailgate rules and number of security present this move is overkill. How many cases of tailgaters getting out of hand have we had over the past 10 years? Zero! Other than the crap KVLY produces, how many cases of low budget subpar productions of Bison media have there been in the last 10 years? Zero!

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I see a lot of whining going on. Kolpack and Izzo complaining that they're being slighted by NDSU and "the new radio guy". Go into your bosses office and tell him to pony up the bucks to get you your access or you'll find a different employer. Many complaining that they'll lose out on coverage. Let NDSU and JJ know what you expect for coverage throughout the week leading up to game days. Complaining that KVLY will under achieve with their production. Let them know that there is an expectation of improvement from their prior game day production.

Lose the destructive "sky is falling" mentality and do something to be productive. Nobody wins when everybody pisses and moans because they're not getting their way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    I see a lot of whining going on. Kolpack and Izzo complaining that they're being slighted by NDSU and "the new radio guy". Go into your bosses office and tell him to pony up the bucks to get you your access or you'll find a different employer. Many complaining that they'll lose out on coverage. Let NDSU and JJ know what you expect for coverage throughout the week leading up to game days. Complaining that KVLY will under achieve with their production. Let them know that there is an expectation of improvement from their prior game day production.

Lose the destructive "sky is falling" mentality and do something to be productive. Nobody wins when everybody pisses and moans because they're not getting their way.

Why would KVLY want to improve their production at all? There's no incentive. Here's their Bison page. Doesn't even hold a candle to Jeff and Dom's blog http://www.valleynewslive.com/sports/bisonhuddle/

BRING BACK SNORTY

How about NDSU start making moves like they know what they are doing versus adopting knee jerk ridiculous rules. There is a reason for all the outrage. A simple poll of alumni and teammakers would have told them they might be making a mistake and should possibly reconsider how they set policy.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A. It feels good to rant
    B. We have seen nothing in the past out of NDSU's media partners to make us think this will be good. Truth be told, I don't give a rats ass about WDAY and the Forum. I am pissed that the guys, especially Kolpack, who have brought us Bison sports and have a passion for it, are cut off based on the premise that NDSU's new media partners will magically raise the bar.
    C. As has already been mentioned, the B1G schools aren't this draconian, why are we?