Page 1 of 132 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Default Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

http://www.inforum.com/sports/408446...ison-athletics

This seems targeted specifically at everything they do on the Bison Media Blog. Personally, I think this is wrong on multiple levels. How and why would you restrict press on a city owned facility? Dom and Jeff have done far more to cover this program than anyone the last few years (BISONVILLE excluded). I get media contracts and all but I don't see how additional FREE coverage cuts into their revenue in any way.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Kolack and Izzo can't like this

yea... worst part is NDSU is forcing people to watch the crap pre game KVLY produces... Kolpack and Izzo DESTROY KVLY

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/sports/408446...ison-athletics

This seems targeted specifically at everything they do on the Bison Media Blog. Personally, I think this is wrong on multiple levels. How and why would you restrict press on a city owned facility? Dom and Jeff have done far more to cover this program than anyone the last few years (BISONVILLE excluded). I get media contracts and all but I don't see how additional FREE coverage cuts into their revenue in any way.
    How do we know that all the media changes will not include these types of programming? Gotta take a wait and see approach. Of course, it could have something to do with offers. Maybe Dom and Jeff are killing it with exposure and losing this will cause higher bids next time around.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does anyone know how much money NDSU is getting paid for the broadcast rights?

I'm a UND fan but this is a horrible idea by NDSU. I appreciated the BMB info as I like to know how the Bison are doing (and hoping they lose )

NDSU football is big in Fargo and even ND but never so big this statement is true

"We've grown so much that we need to protect our brand."

Please let me know when Alabama, Notre Dame and any other school has too big of a brand to allow decent pre, in and post game content.

400k per year for football from KVLY. Hopefully for your fans sake they up their out-of-game coverage.

So, I guess if ESPN wanted to do another "Sportscenter on the Road" from the Fargodome... "It would probably be denied."

Dude this is super lame. I get that the NDSU brand is growing and with that comes some tough decisions but effectively boxing out Kolpack and Izzo (and I'm sure others) who have been with the dynasty since Day Zero is a hugely bush league move.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

I'm no lawyer, but how do this work legally? Since the City owns the Dome, can NDSU restrict media access like that on public grounds? Also if you "won't be allowed to do live play by play blogging of the game" is a Bisonville GD thread really that much different than the Media Blog thread? This stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    400k per year for football from KVLY. Hopefully for your fans sake they up their out-of-game coverage.
    Hope not, halftime is when I grill more. Better to watch that than the dumpster fire NBC puts on at half.
    But seriously, this sucks. Muted TV + radio broadcast + live blog is a fun way to watch Bison football when you can't be there in person.