Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Izzo and Kolpack gettin the squeeze

Default Izzo and Kolpack gettin the squeeze

NDSU limits some media access to Bison athletics

http://www.inforum.com/sports/408446...ison-athletics

With the new guidelines, media outlets without NDSU broadcast rights agreements:

• Won't be allowed to show extended game highlights on special TV programs.

• Won't be allowed to broadcast or stream online live, regularly scheduled press conferences.

• Won't be allowed to host radio shows, pregame or postgame coverage from NDSU facilities or grounds, including the Fargodome and its parking lot, on game days.

• Won't be allowed to do live play-by-play blogging of games.

• Won't be allowed to do one-on-one interviews with the head football or basketball coaches on radio, TV or internet in season without the written consent of NDSU. Media outlets must request all interviews with these coaches and all players 24 hours in advance.
    So our only pregame coverage is dogshit Chris Berg.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Izzo and Kolpack gettin the squeeze

Seems like shit to me, they do an amazing job.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post

Sucks, but I get it!

BTW it looks like everything they do is no longer allowed. I am assuming they new media folks will be filling the void.

Dom and Izzo can sit at bwws, labbys or turf or horn herds and do purr game big freakin deal.

Maybe if forum comm and mr mercil and the rest of the und grads actually weren't ANTI NDSU then this wouldn't of happened.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post

They are basically done.

It will be interesting to see how WDAY plays this. The Forum without Bison coverage might not be a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a mistake... The more media coverage NDSU gets the better it is. Plus, don't start wars with people who buy ink by the gallon.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

If I am them I am on the phone to the air museum asap and getting space for pregame shows. I understand it with the money that was paid for the media contracts but hopefully ndsu doesn't cut off their nose in spite of their face. Dom and Kolpack are the best at covering the Herd and the best at their jobs of any in just about the upper Midwest. They are where Bison fans get their info. I wonder at what point they he just say F it and slow the coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    If I am them I am on the phone to the air museum asap and getting space for pregame shows. I understand it with the money that was paid for the media contracts but hopefully ndsu doesn't cut off their nose in spite of their face. Dom and Kolpack are the best at covering the Herd and the best at their jobs of any in just about the upper Midwest. They are where Bison fans get their info. I wonder at what point they he just say F it and slow the coverage.
    BWW or Herd and Horns on line 1...
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Dom and Jeff are the absolute best local media covering the Bison. It's not even close. So now what? We are stuck with Beth Hoole and her touchy feely paragraph long ass kissing questions? Lee dope dee doe Timmerman and Chris to the house Berg?

This sucks. KVLY should use the money they make from their Bison broadcasting rights to hire Kolpack and Izzo so they can have someone talk on camera that doesn't make me want to shove pencils through my ears.

Wonder if we were upset with the Forum printing money covering Bison football without having to pay to do any of the heavy lifting. NDSU generates enough interest that the Forum will still need to cover NDSU football to the max extent possible. If the Forum stops covering Bison football, myself and many others would lose the only reason to ever venture to the Forum site.