Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NDSU Bison Football-Fall Camp

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 NDSU Bison Football-Fall Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    There is no chance he runs less. That is one of his strengths and will be used alot. Also some are forgetting Stick was 8-0 and Carson was 5-2. The offense will have to open up a little more, but Stick himself is not even on the list of concerns or question marks. WR getting open is a bigger question along with CB's. Overall there are very few question marks as long they can stay healthy and fresh like last year.
    I don't think anyone is concerned about Stick, but his role has changed and there is no arguing that fact. We already know what he have in him as a backup that came in with nothing to lose, but how he approaches the starting role and being "the man" now is what I'm really looking forward to seeing. I think he runs as often as we need it because that only adds one more thing for a defense to worry about. Something that people often forget when pointing out Stick going 8-0 is that the entire team changed when Carson went down. The line improved and we therefore ran the ball more effectively, especially King. The defense improved by leaps and bounds, and that takes a lot of pressure off the offense. The play calling was probably simplified a bit too with Stick under center and the Bison just really went back to the basics which is something that has always worked.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Without those 8 starts for Stick, he is trying to fill the shoes of the #2 overall NFL pick. With those 8 starts, he can pick up where he left off. Huge difference in pressure and alot of questions are already answered about what he is capable of. Got to be fun for the coaching staff to be able to hit the ground running.

Quote Originally Posted by EightyfourBison View Post
    Without those 8 starts for Stick, he is trying to fill the shoes of the #2 overall NFL pick. With those 8 starts, he can pick up where he left off. Huge difference in pressure and alot of questions are already answered about what he is capable of. Got to be fun for the coaching staff to be able to hit the ground running.
    This is 100% true. In Stick we Trust.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by EightyfourBison View Post
    ^this

Good post. Soooo excited for this season!!

For the 5th time this week I checked the GoBison roster and it is not yet updated with this year's Freshman. Guess I will just have to wait until Monday or later next week. Even though I know who will be added it is nice to finally look at all the players that will be available for each position. Scary fact........there is no punter listed on the current roster.

GO back and watch any of our playoff games last year and tell me you dont have total confidence in our young Secondary guys..Allison I think is going to be a HUGE asset
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Obviously the biggest question is which freshman will be wearing #42?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    Obviously the biggest question is which freshman will be wearing #42?
    explain......Bruce Anderson
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    GO back and watch any of our playoff games last year and tell me you dont have total confidence in our young Secondary guys..Allison I think is going to be a HUGE asset
    Entz was on 740 yesterday and it pretty much sounds like Allison on one side and then a position battle for the other side. Sounds like there's plenty of talent there. Camp will just prove who's ready to shine.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Entz was on 740 yesterday and it pretty much sounds like Allison on one side and then a position battle for the other side. Sounds like there's plenty of talent there. Camp will just prove who's ready to shine.
    I'm sure I sound like a broken record when I say this, but I love every new season when there are new starters at positions. Especially ones that have been locked down for a while by a previous guy like Smith at CB. It really gives a team a fresh look, and the opportunity for young guys to establish themselves as great Bison football players.