Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NDSU Bison Football-Fall Camp

Default Re: 2016 NDSU Bison Football-Fall Camp

Not much mystery on redshirts. Let's just say I'll take Sean Engel and give you the field. My bold prediction is Engel is STARTING from day 1.

Only spot I'm worried about is SDC. Hoping Allison is up to the task.

I'm interested in LB depth after the 3 starters. All 3 are seniors. Guys need to step up and provide some depth.

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Agreed. The crazy part: Ambrosius is the only senior on the entire D-line.
    That is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    Not much mystery on redshirts. Let's just say I'll take Sean Engel and give you the field. My bold prediction is Engel is STARTING from day 1.
    The WR group IMO might be the best we have had in awhile. DS is a dude and RJ is solid. If Engle is as advertised....wow. Throw in what are supposed to be some gifted TE and BA out of the backfield and Well lets just say ET has some weapons.

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not seeing much about the kicking game,looking forward to watching. Could be some smiles,could be some

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Imo, there will not be crazy pressure on Stick. He has the top defense in the FCS and a great running attack to lean on. He won't need to be Carson or have big numbers for us to succeed. He may need to protect himself a little more and run less to stay healthy. He will win by leaning on his RBs, and his D.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Imo, there will not be crazy pressure on Stick. He has the top defense in the FCS and a great running attack to lean on. He won't need to be Carson or have big numbers for us to succeed. He may need to protect himself a little more and run less to stay healthy. He will win by leaning on his RBs, and his D.
    There is no chance he runs less. That is one of his strengths and will be used alot. Also some are forgetting Stick was 8-0 and Carson was 5-2. The offense will have to open up a little more, but Stick himself is not even on the list of concerns or question marks. WR getting open is a bigger question along with CB's. Overall there are very few question marks as long they can stay healthy and fresh like last year.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anyone heard anything about Lance Dunn? I havent heard about him in a long time.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    There is no chance he runs less. That is one of his strengths and will be used alot. Also some are forgetting Stick was 8-0 and Carson was 5-2. The offense will have to open up a little more, but Stick himself is not even on the list of concerns or question marks. WR getting open is a bigger question along with CB's. Overall there are very few question marks as long they can stay healthy and fresh like last year.
    Without the threat of Stick running, defenses can really bring the heat and potentially blindside him more often. Not only that, Stick is a natural runner who avoids the big hit.

Most of our serious QB injuries (excluding Walker v SIU back in 2005) happened on pass plays. Even then, Walker was a gunslinger, not a runner, and he got hurt on a scramble rather than a called run play.